Water heater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mtmtradewinds

I have a 1999 national tradewinds
I have a water leak but can't find access to tank from the inside.
Can't seem to remove drawers under stove top.
Also I can't locate filter for drinking water facet
Please let me know if you have any ideas

Welcome to the forum Mtmtradewinds

The drawers may have releases that have to be either lifted or pressed down in order to allow the drawer to be removed.

FYI...On my TT I have to press down on one side and lift on the other side. The releases are on the inside of the track.

The filter for the drinking water faucet, usually the charcoal type, may be the canister type (big!) or the in-line type. The canister type is often located under the counter where the water faucet is located. The in-line type may be located anywhere in the water supply line to that faucet and is usually accessible but not always easily LOL.... Note that, if you have an ice maker in the freezer, that water supply is often filtered so look around the fridge area as well.

Some of my drawers have the plastic tabs to lift or press down in order to release the drawer from the slides, whereas other just require an extra- hard pull outward to take them out.

I have a water leak but can't find access to tank from the inside.
Sometimes the builder doesn't provide any easy method and you may have to remove or cut out the back of a cabinet. However if there is a heater bypass valve, there is probably a way to reach that, at least. Look for a removable panel (screwed on).

Can't seem to remove drawers under stove top.
There are many types of drawer slides and retainer mechanisms, so hard to guess. The most common (inexpensive) types merely require that the drawer be full extended and then lifted a bit while pulling.  Others have some sort of latch mechanism on the slides on each side, usually requiring either pressing in a tab or lifting/pushing a tab (see Gizmo reply). A very few side rails don't have releases and the attachment screws have to be removed.  If it has side rails, posting a picture would help identify the type. If it has only a center rail, it's almost sure the lift & pull type.

Also I can't locate filter for drinking water facet

It may not have a drinking water filter - they are not typically standard, especially on older model RVs.  Owners who desired filtering use an external inline filter on the hose or added a filter system themselves.

Back
Top Bottom