Both furnace and stove will not light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lowekev1

My stove and furnace won't light. I replaced the regulator at the tanks (100# tank) and they still won't ignite. I don't hear anything coming from the burners on the stove and I don't know where to go next.

Welcome to the forum lowekev1

I'm not going to be much help..But I'll get started until others come along.

You only mentioned the stove and the furnace. Do you have any gas appliances running on gas that are working (Water Heater. Refrigerator)

Did they both quit at the same time?

What are the temp's at your locations?.

While your waiting for others I would disconnect the Propane and check for any debris inside the connection.

And of course are you sure you have propane?

Welcome to the Forum!

First, the dumb question - you are not out of propane, are you?  That is an easy, but not cheap fix  ;D

Since you hear no gas coming out of the stove, I would start back at the tank.  Disconnect the regulator at the tank and open the valve.  Does gas come out?  WELL VENTILATED AREA!!!  If yes, reconnect regulator and go to the next fitting, maybe hose from regulator to the RV.  Disconnect, turn on gas and see if you have gas there.  Continue until you find the blockage where you get no gas.  You have at least narrowed the location of the problem to a much smaller area.

Off the wall...  When was the last time the stove / furnace worked?  If it has been months with the gas disconnected, check the hose for mud dauber nests.  I have had that issue :-\

Welcome aboard!!

Year make and model of RV will help. 

Did they ever work?  If so what was the last thing you did to them prior to changing out the  regulator?

Is the gas valve turned on? They shut it off when they fill the tank.

Back
Top Bottom