HELP! Replacing Shower Faucet in 2011 KZ Sportsmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MindyE

My shower head fell off during the drive and I want to replace the whole unit, but I can't locate how to get to the back of the faucet in the shower??  Anyone help with this?  I've looked on the outside and inside walls and have been unable to locate now to get to the back of it?  Can anyone help please?  I've looked through the manual and scoured the internet to no avail.  I'm a total DIY'er, but I'm stumped!  HELP!!
Thank you in advance!  :)

Welcome to the forum Mindy

Could you post some pictures of the faucet you want to replace.

Also do you have a model number?

I got the cover off of the faucet and this is what it looked like underneath.  I'm also attaching a pic of the opposite side of the wall and the outside of the camper.

Attachments

• Faucet 1.JPG
    Faucet 1.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Faucet 2.JPG
    Faucet 2.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 18
  • Faucet 3.JPG
    Faucet 3.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 18
My first question is why are you replacing the faucet??....This is not a fun job, What about just replacing the "Broken part"

Notice in the picture I attached. There are 2 nuts (1 on each side ) plus a water line that has to be removed. That's the easy part the hard part will be getting to the backside.

Depending on how the wall of the shower is attach to the wall you may be able to remove it enough to reach in and remove and replace the faucet. Mine is attached with screws but some are glued to the wall.
WARNING...The shower walls are very thin and can break

If you can't remove the shower wall.
Depending on which wall the shower facet is on. I found 2 different floor plans for your model.
1 If the shower is on the wall with the refrigerator. I can't help. Removing the refrigerator is a major job.
2 If the shower is on the inside wall of the RV. You will need to cut a access hole to get to the backside. Then after the job is done you can cover it with an access door.( They are not pretty, Maybe cover it with a picture)

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the info!  That's what I was afraid of.  Since the shower head broke, I was just going to go ahead and update the entire unit, faucet and all.  The fridge is on the other side of the wall, so definitely no access to it that way.  Looks like it won't be updated after all. More work than I care to delve into at this point.  I appreciate the help very much!

MindyE said:
Thanks for the info!  That's what I was afraid of.  Since the shower head broke, I was just going to go ahead and update the entire unit, faucet and all.  The fridge is on the other side of the wall, so definitely no access to it that way.  Looks like it won't be updated after all. More work than I care to delve into at this point.  I appreciate the help very much!

I'm afraid we were just the bearer of bad news....But hopefully we saved you a lot more grief.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom