Very little water pressure 5th wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mturne62

2004 keystone cougar. Just recently our water pressure has been super low, hardly existent. We thought maybe it was frozen pipes, but we disconnected the pipe that goes into our 5th wheel and water came spurting out. When we turn the faucet on theres a quick spurt like we have good water pressure, then it goes to hardly coming out. We havent done anything differently. The only thing I can think of is I was moving stuff around in the under carriage and moved something up against the small tubes underneath. But I'm pretty sure the parts of the tubes it brushed against weren't valves that managed the pressure. What could be wrong and where is all the water going that's coming from the hose connection?

Welcome to the forum.

You said you disconnected the pipe going to the RV. I assume you meant to say the water hose. Do you get good water pressure coming out of the hose from the campground spigot?

A couple of things you could do is  put water in the fresh water tank and see if you have pressure using the onboard pump.

If you do, I would remove the filter screen from the outlet where you connect the water hose to the RV. Check and see if it's clogged.  You can buy them at any hardware store. While the screen is out, take something like a pencil with an eraser and push in on the check valve behind that screen to make sure it isn't stuck in a partially closed position. It is spring loaded and should pop back when you remove the pencil.

Do you have a whole house filter? If you do, the element may need to be changed.

You can remove all the aerators from the faucets and see if they're plugged. You could have gotten into some sandy water plugging them up.

Do you have a cheap water pressure regulator?  If so, try it with the regulator removed.

Ah a "A quick spurt then low flow or pressure"  Arteriosclerosis. (Well that's what I call it)

You are on city water (you said that) so take unhook the hose from teh inlet and inspect ther screrenwasher.. If the rig is many years old you might get a new screen washer (any Washing machine store will have them) odds are the screen is clogged...

Suspect 2

If you have a Water filter. either "In-line" or installed In-line in the RV.. the filter needs replacement as well (the filter cartridge or element).

Had that problem on my hot water in the sticks and bricks. had a pipe which develped the condition I opened with. newe pipe and all was good.  But that wont' happen with PEX

Welcome to the forum Mturne62

Looks like I'm late to the party...Everything listed above X's 2

You were thinking maybe a frozen line....Could the frozen line be after the hose connection...If so...I would turn on a water facet and let it run to melt the ice.

Best of luck on getting the issue resolved

Welcome to the Forum!

The problem you describe when there is a partial blockage in the line somewhere.  With faucets off, water and pressure build up equally within the system.  When a faucet is opened, the normal pressure is released, and continues until the reserve in the pipes is released, then you get only what is coming through the blockage.

The above comments cover the primary causes and their solutions - inexpensive pressure regulators, screen filters and other filters, or the occasional back flow valve.

We had much the same problem only a  little worse. Before we left the trailer in April I flushed out the lines. We came back in October and no water coming through the hot water line at all. The repair guy found the problem by taking apart the lines under the sink one at a time. One line was completely plugged. The tech said it was probably because when we flushed out the lines, it back flushed and clogged the line. He cleared the line and all is well again.

Bill

Rene T said:
I hope the OP gets back to us. It's been 5 days and nothing.

I think we have been left with no closure....We will never know ...I lay awake a night wondering the outcome of these things ???

I'm deeply concerned about Gizmo100; worrying and not sleeping without closure. I wonder if therapy would help the poor guy.  ;D

IBTripping said:
I'm deeply concerned about Gizmo100; worrying and not sleeping without closure. I wonder if therapy would help the poor guy.  ;D

Nope ;D...My wife likes me just the way i am  :D ;D :eek: 8) ??? ::) :p :-X :-\

Gizmo100 said:
Nope ;D...My wife likes me just the way i am  :D ;D :eek: 8) ??? ::) :p :-X :-\

My apologies. Maybe she's the one who needs therapy. Or, more likely, she's a saint! ;)

IBTripping said:
My apologies. Maybe she's the one who needs therapy. Or, more likely, she's a saint! ;)

Yes she needs therapy :)) and Yes she a saint :))..... ;D

billwild said:
Gee, we gave such good answers and no response, what the heck.

This is one of my pet peeves. We try to help someone and never hear from them again. Hopefully they'll still respond.

If it helps I'll answer. On this trip I installed a new water filter before we left for Florida. Had low flow problems too. I took the filter and old pressure control valve and now have excellent pressure again.

ksbowman said:
If it helps I'll answer. On this trip I installed a new water filter before we left for Florida. Had low flow problems too. I took the filter and old pressure control valve and now have excellent pressure again.

:)) :)) It's closure ...I'll take it. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom