adding a bedroom slide out using Accu slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggermike

Has anyone added a bedroom slide to their Class A motor home?  I have one slide on my Fleetwood Terra and I would like another one in my bedroom.  It looks like the way to keep the expense down would be to use an Accu Slide.  I haven't been able to get a price on the equipment since I plan to do it myself.  If anyone has done it, I would appreciate hearing from you.

These RV's are engineered to take allot of bouncing on roads. You'll be removing quite a few structural supports and you'd have to replace what you lost by a huge header going across the top of the opening. I would never attempt it. Good luck if you do. Keep us up to date if you do do it. Pictures of the build would be great.

I had looked into adding a slide to a 2006 Itasca Meridian 32' coach I used to have. I found a company that would do  it, and they even sent me some specs on it. In the end I changed my mind because I was going to lose too much storage space both inside and outside of the rig. I wound up just trading up to a bigger rig. 

It is possible if you are set on keeping your existing coach.

Accu Slide is designed as an OEM product, not for retail aftermarket sales. It assumes some engineering  capability on the part of the installer, who gets to consult with Norco's engineering staff on the installation parameters. And the installer assumes responsibility for the result as well as handling warranty claims on it.  They seem to be willing to accomodate aftermarket installs, though, so check with one of their distributors that handle them. Norco/BAL has information on that in this bulletin:

http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/accuslide/BAL%20Product%20Availability%20Bulletin.pdf

Obviously the big concern is re-framing the sidewall to form an opening with adequate strength. Next is locating and installing the actual mechanism.

I plan to do the installation myself as long as I can get some instructions from the supplier.  It doesn't look like it will be that difficult.  The reason why I picked Accu Slide is because it looks like the parts should be less expensive.  The big question now is how much it will cost.  If it is too expensive, I will forget it and move on to something else.  I'm a fairly old guy and so I don't see ever buying another RV.
Thanks for the suggestions.  I will let you know what happens.

I spoke to the customer service at Accu Slide and they told me they don't sell to individuals.  I'm not giving up that easy.  The bedroom slide out I'm considering is not like a whole room slide out.  If it was, I would be more concerned about structural integrity. I may just buy the parts on line and put it together myself.

sluggermike said:
I spoke to the customer service at Accu Slide and they told me they don't sell to individuals.  I'm not giving up that easy.  The bedroom slide out I'm considering is not like a whole room slide out.  If it was, I would be more concerned about structural integrity. I may just buy the parts on line and put it together myself.

try a RV salvage yard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom