You know you are retired when

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

Hello,  hope this is the right place to post this. I retired late last year and wanted to share this retired funny story.

We have had some cold days this week so far and have been inside enjoying some warm food and good movies.  Yesterday decided to go grab some pizza down the road, got my coat on and my hat and shoes and locked up the rv.  When I got in the car something was not right.  That is when I discovered that I did not have any shorts on and was sitting there in my underwear.  Now if they would have had a drive through that would not have been a problem.  Suppose that I did not notice right off because I always wear shorts regardess of the weather.  Since I live in the south I refuse to buy into getting long pants.

I suppose you know you are retired when you forget to put on pants of any kind when going in public.

Oldgator73 said:
I know I?m retired because I am no longer in charge of anything.

True that...If I give an order in my home...My wife reply's with...That better be dementia talking.  ;D

But on to me...My wife talked me into a early retirement..I was thinking about after we sell this house and move back to AR. But so far here we sit and wait...So..

I Know I'm retired because most days I'M BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

Most of our stuff (My Toys) are already in Arkansas. And with colder temp's outside I'm stuck in the house.

But the wife is happy that I'm home ;)

djw2112 said:
I suppose you know you are retired when you forget to put on pants of any kind when going in public.
I had an Uncle (my dad's older brother) who would frequently wear his slippers when he went out. One day my dad asked him why and he said "One, they're the most comfortable pair of shoes I own and two, I don't care what anyone thinks!"

Google "people at walmart" I think clothing is optional.  Next time you crave a pizza, go there and nobody will notice your lack of pants.

Lowell said:
You know you are retired when pay day comes around and there is no pay.  :'(

One of my favorites saying is: Every day is pay day and every pay day I have off.

Joezeppy said:
I had an Uncle (my dad's older brother) who would frequently wear his slippers when he went out. One day my dad asked him why and he said "One, they're the most comfortable pair of shoes I own and two, I don't care what anyone thinks!"

I often wear my slippers to the store. I was coming out of Aldi?s one morning and a woman said ?You?re not that old?. I had to think a minute then it dawned on me. I have a sticker on my truck that says ?Old Fart Onboard?. I thought , I am too. I have slippers on, one knee replaced and the other maybe this year, bald, bad hips, need I go on.

For reasons I won't list. I always put on .. Well Sweats usually.. More freedom less weight and low cost)

You know you are retired when the week has only two days
Sunday (Go to church)
And saturday, saturday, Saturday Saturday Saturday Saturday.

YOu know you are old enough when the week has but 3 days
Sunday (As above)
Saturday
Saturday
Wednesday (5% off at the Supermarket day)
Saturday
Saturday.

I just got home from shopping.

I have to look at my pill dispenser to determine what day it is, one weekend I took the pills for the wrong day and was totally messed up all week. If you think daylight savings time is hard...just try missing a whole day and trying to make it up.

Lowell said:
You know you are retired when pay day comes around and there is no pay.  :'(

Are you sure?  Ever since I retired someone keeps putting money into my checking account every month.  :)

You know you are retired when every blade of grass in your lawn is immaculate and you wash and rinse the driveway gravel 1 time a week lol

You know you are retired when bird houses start appearing in your yard all at once. lol

You know you are retired when all your neighbors are riding around the RV park in tricycles !

Jack L

Being retired is miserable! 
--  I never get a vacation.
--  No sick day to be off from work.
--  I never get weekends off.

Such a hard life.  Woe is me.  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77