Quartzsite Side Mission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I need some help.

There are thousands of boondockers at Quartzsite.

I am sure that there are some small groups that meet and camp together every year.  I used to know such a group that called themselves the "Dingbats".

They would help each other and together they would spend the winter as almost a small family.

Last year I saw a generator for sale at the parking lot sale at my favorite tool store.  Something just told me that there is a need for it somewhere.  I certainly do not need it but someone will and it is free.

We just loaded it in the back of the Jeep SUV and it is going to stay at Quartsite because I am sure that there is a home for it there somewhere.

It is not a quiet Honda type but it can be set back aways and maybe even have a enclosure to make it quieter.

It is rated for 8,750 watts and could provide power for 2 or 3 RVs and would be ideal for charging batteries in the morning or whenever a temporary source of A/C is needed.

Now the part about needing help.  While driving around the area please keep your eyes out for a small group that might need it,

I do not want to be named as the person that donated and we could just say that it is a Forum project.

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• r20180609_233014.jpg
    r20180609_233014.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 58
  • r20180609_233119.jpg
    r20180609_233119.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 30
  • r20180609_233101.jpg
    r20180609_233101.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 25
Another incredible good will mission from Bill "Mother Theresa" Waugh  :)) :))

Mission accomplished.

I stopped by and talked with the volunteers at the entrance yesterday,  They had a great idea.

Pastor Randy from the "Cowboy Church" across the highway.  Now who could know better about finding a good home for that generator than a pastor of a boondocker's church.

He came by the Forum site yesterday and six men from the forum and a supervisor, (me) loaded it into his pickup truck. 

He said he had a dream about someone giving him something a day or so ago.

As I type this they are having the Sunday service over there.  I would attend but the last time I attended church someone in the choir had a heart attack.

Anyway that's my story and I am sticking to it.

PS:  I asked him if I could get a higher place in Heaven.  Someone said maybe a cooler place in Hell.  LOL

Bill,
This may get deleted, but...
I wish you would attend church because your generous personality would inspire others.  However, the Bible does not make church attendance a requirement to get to heaven.  Acknowledging the Lord and doing good for others are required.  You pass.

HueyPilotVN said:
I need some help.

There are thousands of boondockers at Quartzsite.

I am sure that there are some small groups that meet and camp together every year.  I used to know such a group that called themselves the "Dingbats".

They would help each other and together they would spend the winter as almost a small family.

Last year I saw a generator for sale at the parking lot sale at my favorite tool store.  Something just told me that there is a need for it somewhere.  I certainly do not need it but someone will and it is free.

We just loaded it in the back of the Jeep SUV and it is going to stay at Quartsite because I am sure that there is a home for it there somewhere.

It is not a quiet Honda type but it can be set back aways and maybe even have a enclosure to make it quieter.

It is rated for 8,750 watts and could provide power for 2 or 3 RVs and would be ideal for charging batteries in the morning or whenever a temporary source of A/C is needed.

Now the part about needing help.  While driving around the area please keep your eyes out for a small group that might need it,

I do not want to be named as the person that donated and we could just say that it is a Forum project.

Here are a few pictures.

I said it before and I will say it again, you sir are the Salt of the Earth.  I hope to meet you in person some day as it would be a real pleasure of mine to shake your hand.  You are a wonderful person.

Well, being someone's already gone there, wishing won't get anyone to Heaven, nor will being a nice person. One must repent of their sins and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and live their life so as to strive to be like Jesus. Living like Jesus is pretty close to impossible, but God knows that. One has to ask God for forgiveness when they sin, and do their best not to sin again.
Something I saw on a t-shirt a while back: " I'm not perfect, but I am forgiven"

Bill is this the same generator you tried to give away last winter but found a grateful user who returned it after he was done with it and ready to leave the area.  In any case, thanks again for being so generous.  I am envious and if I ever come up with some 'found money' I would like to do something similar.

Bill in Mo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom