A different TP discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sightseers said:
In reality Flyboy  ;D....  in my class of 20 of all military branches, and even a foreign country (Canada  8) ) , they offered a promotion for the top 10% of the class.

both of us that got the promotion were Army,  and we both ended up being assigned to same Tactical Intel. battalion.

But I have to say...every time we had to be somewhere ....the Air Force gave us a ride...  :))  ;D

Yes, we are good at giving rides. And: https://youtu.be/_yMXTEowRpA
And: https://youtu.be/o5lW9K_-VG0

sightseers said:
differences in the military.

The Air force and Navy had cotton sheets and canned hams.

The Marines and Army had canvas cots and canned rations.

Exactly why I went Air Force.

I never really thought about a reason why I joined the AF other branches of service. I joined on kind of a whim that lasted 24 years. I was almost ?put? into the Marines. After a draft physical we were lined up down a hallway. A Marine TI started at the rear and tapped every other person on the shoulder and told them they were now in the Marines and to get on the green bus out front that says Paris Island. He tapped the guy behind me and the guy in front of me. I guess it wouldn?t have been a terrible thing if I got tapped. My dad was a Marine during WWII. He would have been proud.

RVMommaTo6 said:
This thread is crap.

I beg to differ...This is a in depth discussion in the removal of crap....Just saying :)

Oldgator73 said:
Where did this thread come from?

It does seem like this was part of another thread.. ???

Oldgator73 said:
Where did this thread come from?
A member of staff has obviously split it off since it was heading in such a different direction.  We do that sometimes ?

So now you have 2 topics to respond to and its almost becoming 3!

jackiemac said:
A member of staff has obviously split it off since it was heading in such a different direction.  We do that sometimes ?

So now you have 2 topics to respond to and its almost becoming 3!

Okay, so let?s see if we can continue this without splitting again. The reason I joined the AF and not one of the other branches was the TP. When I visited the recruiter he discussed all the advantages of joining the AF but the thing that really sold me was when he showed me examples of TP from each branch of service. The Navy TP was just individual small squares of tissue issued in packets of four. The recruiter explained since they had to keep the weight down on the ships and this was one way of doing so. The Army TP was just the simple corn cob. This was also a budget saving process since they had so many cobs left over after chow. The Marines TP was a sheet of 90 grit sandpaper. I said what the hell is that? The recruiter said it was special order TP with a motto ?Marine TP, just like the Marines; rough and tough and don?t take no crap off anybody?. Then he showed me the AF TP. Is was soft and luxurious and imbedded with the finest lotion to insure no chafing would happen. So I signed up that day. But shortly after arriving at basic I discovered the recruiter was a liar. Not only did they have terrible TP but he also promised me they wouldn?t cut my hair, we would have maid service and there would be beer machines in each dorm. Never trust your recruiter.

Technique is everything.

I was afraid to click on the utube  link , like a few others.  hahah

Oldgator73 said:
Okay, so let?s see if we can continue this without splitting again. The reason I joined the AF and not one of the other branches was the TP. When I visited the recruiter he discussed all the advantages of joining the AF but the thing that really sold me was when he showed me examples of TP from each branch of service. The Navy TP was just individual small squares of tissue issued in packets of four. The recruiter explained since they had to keep the weight down on the ships and this was one way of doing so. The Army TP was just the simple corn cob. This was also a budget saving process since they had so many cobs left over after chow. The Marines TP was a sheet of 90 grit sandpaper. I said what the hell is that? The recruiter said it was special order TP with a motto ?Marine TP, just like the Marines; rough and tough and don?t take no crap off anybody?. Then he showed me the AF TP. Is was soft and luxurious and imbedded with the finest lotion to insure no chafing would happen. So I signed up that day. But shortly after arriving at basic I discovered the recruiter was a liar. Not only did they have terrible TP but he also promised me they wouldn?t cut my hair, we would have maid service and there would be beer machines in each dorm. Never trust your recruiter.
;D ;D ;D Someone is obsessed with TP!

that's why I prefer a roll of TP,  over a box of Kleenex......at least you know when a problem is coming.    ;)

I just realized I took the time to read the entire discussion with no breakthrough, wadded or folded... Therefore the project was brought to a successful conclusion!  :D

denmarc said:
What was the original post? Thread seems to be starting in he middle somewhere.

The original post started back in 1978. Due to the age of the participating members none of us remember how it all got started. Now, where did I leave my underwear...... ;D

Oldgator73 said:
The original post started back in 1978. Due to the age of the participating members none of us remember how it all got started. Now, where did I leave my underwear...... ;D

It's Monday you can get a clean pair :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom