Help...our Dometic fridge NDR 1292 is running MUCH TOO COLD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaddaYadda

This is serial number 203000046 and Product# is 921 1480-40.  Came with our 2003 M/H when be bought it in 2012.  Has worked great for 6 years, except when I looked inside 2 days ago, the freezer temp was MINUS 18 and fridge temp was PLUS 8.  Normal is freezer 10 and fridge 40 when on low settings of 1 or 2. 

I defrosted yesterday and started up today at 1100.  At 1500, freezer was plus 10 and fridge was 40.  Setting was 2.  Uh, oh.......is this cooling too fast ?  I can't remember past defrost/startup details.  I am going to check again at 1700.  If temp is the same....I will be happy.  If temp drops in freezer and fridge....I suspect the thermistor is at fault.  Sound about right?

TIA....

I had similar problems with my NeverCold.  I started out installing exterior/interior fans, replaced the thermistor and replaced the door.  The latest problem was the defrost cycle.  It went into defrost mode and never awoke from the dead unless I did a manual shutoff then a manual back on.

I replaced the control board ($95.00) and now it's worked well for the last three camping trips.  The new board appears to defrost more often for shorter periods.

The range of temps now frig/freezer.    32 to 39  /  0 to 10.

I don't have total confidence in this fix, but I do feel more confident than I ever have with this problematic monster.

Update....Readings all day yesterday were freezer 10 deg and fridge 40 deg. on #2 setting.  Checked today at 0900 and readings were still 10 and 40.  Will continue checking at four hour intervals today and tomorrow.  Hopefully there was just a glitch in the thermistor or in whatever item controls/affects the thermistor.

I did order a spare thermistor from local RV dealer who is Dometic approved. 

Fridge and freezer back to normal as of today.  Fridge fins were frosted/iced and that affected the thermistor.  All is well and thanks for the replies.

Return the thermistor and get a snip the tip adjustable thermistor.  You can fine tune your fridge temps and mien is at a steady 36.3 deg F all day long.  It gets a little help when it is very hot outside with 4 CPU fans on the fridge vent but that's another topic of discussion.

https://www.snip-the-tip.com/cgi-bin/articca.cgi    <--not associated in anyway with the manufacturer just a very happy customer!

Drewd:
I'm trying to find out about the Attica thermistor before I order.  Do you know what the ohm range is?  Also, what is the adjustable temp range? What I am wondering is....Is this product the same type of resistor as what comes with the fridge, except that you can vary the ohms by turning the knob? 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom