Question for veteran rally organizers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mfreyder

What is the best place in Colorado to hold a rally. We are Winnebago Trend/Viva owners and are looking for location not too far West to hold a rally. We did West Memphis last year and would like to draw a few more owners from the West this time without excluding our Eastern attendees.

I have no knowledge of camp grounds in CO being from Louisiana it has not been on my frequent list.

If you are someone that pulled off a successful rally in Colorado I'd like some tips.

Mike

Are you looking for a place to boondock or a campground? Only on the Front Range or anywhere in Colorado?

Camp ground, with hook ups I think would be required. By front range I assume you mean East of the Rockies? If so then yes East of the Rockies. We are small MHs and most don't tow so some transportation will have to be arranged for those wishing to make day trips. We lacked this in Memphis. I'd like to do better this time.  ::)

There's not much good camping in the Denver metro area, but the St. Vrain and Boyd Lake state parks might do well if you can get by with electric only, but reservations 6 months (or perhaps it's 180 days) in advance are needed if Fri and/or Sat nights are included, since they fill quickly. There's a KOA in Ft. Collins that's doable, and there are some commercial RV parks in Colorado Springs that might do well for you, perhaps the Garden Of The Gods RV Resort or the Colorado Springs KOA.

An ideal place would be at the Winding River Resort immediately adjacent to the west side of the Rocky Mountain National Park (a few minutes from Grand Lake), which is huge and has choices of full hookups, partials or dry camping, even room and facilities for horses -- it's gorgeous, but you'd probably need to take I-70 to US40 north over Berthoud pass then through Granby to get there.

I'm not sure what transportation you'd need to arrange, but other than renting cars (perhaps car pooling) there's little commercial transportation available (busses, cabs) around most Colorado RV parks, though the Garden Of The Gods RV Resort is actually in town and you might be able to catch bus or cab. Unlike some places in the east, most areas in Colorado, and much of the mountain west, aren't geared to mass transport outside of town.

There may some folks who are more aware of transportation facilities than I am -- hopefully they'll chime in -- but you might help by indicating exactly what kind of transportation you're thinking of.

FCRV held their 2007 rally at the Colorado State Fairgrounds in Pueblo, with 650 families. I wasn't there, so I can't comment on the facilities, but a quick look at their website shows they still host RV rallies.

How many units? A hundred plus, and you need a place that specializes in rallies like a fairgrounds or event center. For 30-50 you might find a big campground.

A large van or a couple minivans for transportation, and we had 13 units in 2018 so we are not a huge group. Having it further west I would hope to gain a few, but maybe lose some. Not sure on numbers yet still polling the group.

thx

There are several nice campgrounds in Colorado Springs but in summer, they fill early. And Colo Spgs has a good bus system.

Count me in. I was stationed in Colorado Springs ,in the Army, over there. Beautiful place, so is Pueblo. I think the more north you go the less scenic.

Army Retiree
Dallas,TX PD retiree

Virgie & Fred said:
Count me in. I was stationed in Colorado Springs ,in the Army, over there. Beautiful place, so is Pueblo. I think the more north you go the less scenic.

Army Retiree
Dallas,TX PD retiree

I was at Fort Carson 1976-78
GO ARMY !!

Back
Top Bottom