Rear bumper storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viking12

Bought 2011 outback 298re . Not much storage under neath . Where is best place buy a roll out type drawer to go in my front outside storage ? Also was thinking of putting a aluminum storage box on rear bumper for folding camp chairs

Welcome to the forum Viking12

A lot will depend on what you want to put on that tray. Not to mention the sizes you may want,

As far as the back bumper..I would recommend checking the manufacture to determine if the bumper can handle the weight.

Keep in mind that anything added to the front or back will affect tongue weight, and therefore handling.

If you have a ladder on your RV and its just a couple of lawn chairs then maybe a small roof rack would be better. Just be sure to be careful not to create any leaks and seal it up good and tight when you install it.  If you put one bar left and right side of the roof it will give you enough to strap them down.

Welcome to the Forum!

As Gizmo said, bumpers are notoriously poorly supported.  A couple lawn chairs should not be a problem, but a box tends to accumulate more things.  Make sure it can support more weight than you intend to carry.

Welcome to the forum, you need to let us know what you want to put in the storage.

I have a hitch in rear below bumper . Just wanted a place for 4 folding camp chairs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom