ONAN MUFFLER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, no help. Exhaust parts for Onans (or other small engine thingies) are not sold in high enough volume to attract aftermarket parts providers.  About all you can do is try a similar size/style of muffler from something else.  Match up the pipe inlet/outlet pipe diameters and approximate length.  Onan's can be sensitive to exhaust back-pressure, but as long as as is not designed for an ultra quiet application , a similar size can probably works. Larger lawn mowers, garden tractors, other gensets, etc.

Sometimes you can find decent Onan part prices on Ebay.

Just checked a walker cross reference and it shows nothing to match. The problem with that muffler is it appears to be special application for Onan with the 1 1/2 inlet very close to the outlet and on the same end. If you could reconfigure you exhaust to use a 155-1258 , I searched and found them at a small engine supplier for approx $75. This is a big difference from over $300 from Onan.  Here is a link showing dimensions.....https://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/programs/fire/spark_arrester_guides/_assets/2012_GP_SAG_pt4.pdf

BTW..that is a Nelson muffler

catblaster said:
  Just checked a walker cross reference and it shows nothing to match. The problem with that muffler is it appears to be special application for Onan with the 1 1/2 inlet very close to the outlet and on the same end. If you could reconfigure you exhaust to use a 155-1258 , I searched and found them at a small engine supplier for approx $75. This is a big difference from over $300 from Onan.  Here is a link showing dimensions.....https://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/programs/fire/spark_arrester_guides/_assets/2012_GP_SAG_pt4.pdf

BTW..that is a Nelson muffler
Thanks for the info.
I measured and can adapt to the 1258 with just placing new hangers. plenty of length room

So I received the muffler and went to a local muffler place (not a chain). They installed the muffler from Ebay and now the exhaust goes out the rear instead of out the side under my opening bedroom window. Installed price about $225.00.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom