Forest River Wildcat Maxx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

printman

I recently purchased a 2014  Forest River Wildcat Maxx 24 RG  mainly for the purpose of accommodating  house guests  for short periods.  We just had a couple stay for 3 days and the shower basin would not drain and I thought  it was blocked as electronic sensor panel showed all tanks empty - yea you guessed it! My dilemma though was which of 2 handles under trailer to pull, one of which was black and the other a dull silver. Logic told me that the black handle would be for the black tank,
but I did not want to take a chance, so I hooked up the septic hose and plugged into the septic clean out and pulled open the silver handled one first. The water looked clear. I then pulled the black handle and water looked sludgy.  Of course before pulling the black handle I should have looked into the shower stall to see if it drained, but now I still  cannot be sure which handle drains which tank. Hoping someone out there with a similar trailer has the answer. as the owner manual is all but useless!

From what I have read, the tank sensors in all rv's are unreliable but can anyone give me any idea of how long the tanks take to fill for an average couple ?

The black handle was the black tank.  You can also look back, the black tank Weill typically have the 3" plumbing the grey tank 1 1/2 plumbing, but the grey and black handles have been almost standard for a bit.

how long the tanks take to fill for an average couple ?
I'm not sure there IS any such thing as an "average" couple. So much depends on how well you can conserve on water usage, what your specific tank capacities are, and how much you're around the rig vs. doing other activities, among other things. But with reasonable conservation you could get two to five days (sorry I can't make it closer than that).

However, since you're using it mostly for guests, who probably don't know about conserving, one to two days may be more likely.

But that's all guesswork. I would suggest that you drain the black tank first, then let the gray tank wash the hose(s) clean.

An average non-RVer couple has never had to think about any limitation of available water or where the waste goes, so they tend to fill RV waste tanks quickly. They could easily fill a 30 gallon gray tank in a day or so.  Quicker if one of them enjoys long showers (and that is quite common among those under 55).

That trailer has 42 gal fresh water, TWO gray tanks, for a total of 64 gal, and one 32 gal black tank.
Pretty small fresh and black tank in my opinion.
My college girls could kill that fresh water tank with one shower if I let them (hence I don't)

So if you simply go with the notion that when you run out of water, you need to dump the tanks, you should be good. 

If they can shower in your place, and use toilets for morning and evening mostly, you might stretch it a week.

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2014-forest-river-wildcat-maxx-travel-trailer-floorplan-26fbs-tr20976

From the responses I gather the best thing to do is keep the sewer line connected to the septic and leave both black and gray tanks open.

printman said:
From the responses I gather the best thing to do is keep the sewer line connected to the septic and leave both black and gray tanks open.

It would be better to keep the Black tank closed until it's at least half full. I know it's a guessing game due to gauge not working.
If you leave it open you will have a major problem with a poo pyramid. Not something you will want to deal with. I would recommend maybe leaving the grey open most of the time but a day or two before dumping the black tank close the grey tank and let it build up enough to help flush the black water out of the hose.

You may want to explore repairing the gauges. The RV is not that old so you may be able to get parts if needed.

Try to find some Unique Tank Clean.  We use it in the shop as a first defense for fouled sensors.  Next is replacing the sensors.  Not a difficult task.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom