Moon Eclipse 1/20/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some pictures I was able to get.....But I'm not a camera guy.

Note to self ,,,Do not lay on the cold deck just to take pictures :eek:

Attachments

• moon 1.jpg
    moon 1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 19
  • moon 2.jpg
    moon 2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 18
  • moon 3.jpg
    moon 3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 19
  • moon 4.jpg
    moon 4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 17
  • moon 5.jpg
    moon 5.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 27
Gizmo100 said:

Funny. I was looking out all my windows here at the house trying to see the moon. Crystal clear night. But the minus 1 temp convinced me to stay on the warm side of the glass! I missed it.

Gizmo100 said:
Some pictures I was able to get.....But I'm not a camera guy.

Note to self ,,, buy selfie stick. :))

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Extendable-Monopod-Shutter-x/dp/B00UV3MCK2/ref=sr_1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1548074418&sr=1-5&keywords=selfie+stick

It was kinda cloudy in Quartzsite, but when I took the dog out before he and the wife went to bed, the clouds had thinned enough so I could see the final few minutes before totality. 

Clear sky out here last night. I was too tired to stay up for the view. < 20? with 20 mph + winds and 40 mph gusts hammered in the final nail.

Here you go.

Attachments

• Eclipse1 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse1 (Large).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Eclipse2 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse2 (Large).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Eclipse3 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse3 (Large).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Eclipse4 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse4 (Large).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Eclipse5 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse5 (Large).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Eclipse6 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse6 (Large).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Eclipse7 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse7 (Large).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Eclipse8 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse8 (Large).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Eclipse9 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse9 (Large).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Eclipse10 (Large).jpg
    Eclipse10 (Large).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9
  • BloodMoon2 (Large).jpg
    BloodMoon2 (Large).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 19
kdbgoat said:
Excellent pics! Thanks Ed.

X's 3

Not something I get to excited about normally...But it was pretty cool...So I grabbed the phone and started shooting. But I'm paying for it today....Laying on a cold deck + a bad back = OUCH

SeilerBird said:
Note to self ,,, buy selfie stick. :))

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Extendable-Monopod-Shutter-x/dp/B00UV3MCK2/ref=sr_1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1548074418&sr=1-5&keywords=selfie+stick

I rarely take pictures ....So a selfie stick would most likely be used by the wife to beat me :eek:

I went out to take a quick look as it was starting.  It was cool here in St Pete, about 50F so we looked over at the car, and smiled at each other, so DW & I opened the "moon roof", put the seat backs down, and watched until it started to show white again.  I took pictures, but none are anywhere near the high quality of those posted, so I won't embarrass myself by posting. 
      What amazed me was that when the moon was almost fully covered you could see the colour change.  While they were saying it would be red, it seemed to be more of a gold colour to us.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
      I went out to take a quick look as it was starting.  It was cool here in St Pete, about 50F so we looked over at the car, and smiled at each other, so DW & I opened the "moon roof", put the seat backs down, and watched until it started to show white again.  I took pictures, but none are anywhere near the high quality of those posted, so I won't embarrass myself by posting. 
      What amazed me was that when the moon was almost fully covered you could see the colour change.  While they were saying it would be red, it seemed to be more of a gold colour to us.

Ed

I was missing my ford fusion last night...It came with the moon roof and we never use it. Our view was red/pinkish. 

At least you managed to see it.  I got up during the night at around 4:40am and it was about 2/3rds covered.  It was pretty cloudy here and it was not red when I saw it.  It was also quite small...  Maybe I will see it in another 10 years, fingers crossed.

The Total Eclipse was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and I think there is another one in the US in a few years. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom