Home theater setup with DISH Wally receiver (Tailgate package)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelazyl

I am hoping to find a home theater expert on this site.  I recently installed the DISH tailgate package with the Wally receiver.  I am very pleased with this setup ? we use it when we have insufficient Wi-Fi.  When we have Wi-Fi we use the Dish Anywhere app via a firestick.

I want to configure the Wally to work with my Samsung home theater.  Based on the manuals for the Samsung I believe I need to do this:  Connect the ?HDMI Out? on Wally to ?HDMI In? on the Samsung AV Receiver.  Then connect the Samsung ?HDMI Out? to the ?HDMI In? on my TV.  I plan to use HDMI #1 on the TV as that is the connection currently configured directly to Wally.

I am 80% sure the above is correct.

My next question is whether to also connect the ?Digital audio? cable between devices and, if so, which devices.  If I am reading the instructions correctly I do NOT as this would be redundant with the HDMI setup I mention above.

Background:  I bought a DP in September.  It had home theater in-place but the AV Receiver was taken out.  I recently purchased a replacement receiver. 

Thanks in advance.

thelazyl said:
I want to configure the Wally to work with my Samsung home theater.  Based on the manuals for the Samsung I believe I need to do this:  Connect the ?HDMI Out? on Wally to ?HDMI In? on the Samsung AV Receiver.  Then connect the Samsung ?HDMI Out? to the ?HDMI In? on my TV.  I plan to use HDMI #1 on the TV as that is the connection currently configured directly to Wally.
As a lifetime audiophile I am a home theater expert. I have a killer HT in my 5er. Yep, you have the wiring correct.

My next question is whether to also connect the ?Digital audio? cable between devices and, if so, which devices.  If I am reading the instructions correctly I do NOT as this would be redundant with the HDMI setup I mention above.
Yep, you don't need it, it would be redundant.

Thank you SeilerBird!  I will be setting it up this weekend and I will let you know how it goes.  I was disappointed that neither DISH or Samsung had clear documentation on this.  -LazyL

You are welcome. HDMI was invented to give the common person an easy way to hook up HT. Without it then it becomes very complicated. There is also a few other ways to hook up an HT but they are much more complicated. You don't need any special HDMI cables, get the cheapest ones that you can find. You also want them to be the right length and not any longer than necessary.

As SeilerBird stated you got it right

The nice part is if you connect it "Wrong" it won't work..But it won't hurt anything.

thelazyl said:
Thank you SeilerBird!  I will be setting it up this weekend and I will let you know how it goes.  I was disappointed that neither DISH or Samsung had clear documentation on this.  -LazyL

Don't be to hard on Dish or Samsung...There are to many variables out in the real world to cover every possible setup. Maybe someone needs to make a app for that ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom