2014 Laredo Winterize System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buford

We purchased our used Keystone 5th wheel this past Spring.  I had noted the Winterizing Inlet but can not find any information on how it operates.  There is an unlabeled black toggle on the bottom of the photo with only two positions.  The owners manual and two different service departments have not been helpful in answering this question.  Any assistance would be appreciated

Attachments

• RV Wint.jpg
    RV Wint.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 12
I don't know what the black valve is for. It could be for winterizing but not sure. All you need to do is hook up a short hose to the inlet, stick it in a gallon jug of antifreeze and start the pump. If nothing happens, look for a valve between the inlet and the water system.
Make sure you bypass the water heater tank otherwise all that antifreeze will be going into your tank. Not a bad thing but you'd be wasting 6 to 10 gallons of antifreeze depending on what size heater you have and it may be difficult to flush all the antifreeze out of it in the spring.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum buford

Here's a video that can walk you though the process....

https://www.keystonerv.com/upper-navigation-pages/community/krv-blog/content-container/is-it-time-to-winterize-your-rv/

And I will 2nd what Rene said about the water heater. It WILL be a pain to flush out the heater.

Thanks very much for the advice.  I was able to winterize without much difficulty but was looking for the way to use the Winterizing Inlet.  I believe I may have tried to hook up to the inlet and run the pump with no success but that was a while ago.  Will try to troubleshoot some time this Spring.  BTW Gizmo, love your tagline and it is so true...

buford said:
Thanks very much for the advice.  I was able to winterize without much difficulty but was looking for the way to use the Winterizing Inlet.  I believe I may have tried to hook up to the inlet and run the pump with no success but that was a while ago.  Will try to troubleshoot some time this Spring.  BTW Gizmo, love your tagline and it is so true...

:))

Back
Top Bottom