I Am Finally A Happy Land Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

All my life I have wanted to do as my parents did and buy a piece of land.  However with military service and then moving all over the place with the corp sector I never did.  It is kind of a scary thing in some respects but I took the plunge and signed the contract today.  Now I can say that I am an official Texas land owner and contributor to the bigger picture.

I can scratch that off my bucket list  :))

Yeah...Now you get to pay property taxes ;D ;D

Congrats It's nice to have your own place.

Gizmo100 said:
Yeah...Now you get to pay property taxes ;D ;D

Congrats It's nice to have your own place.

I was just going to ask if anyone knows ways in Texas to save on property taxes.  I am told that they will be probably miminum anyway but every bit counts.  Are there special programs for retired folks to save on property taxes in Texas?  (how funny taxes and texas is just two letters switched)

Some states have setups for primary, some for senior status, some have a $ amp exemption for military service,  go to tax office and ask.  Better source than our pack of folks.

I agree, check with your county tax assessor.  Most exemptions play in when you improve the property, ie, build on it.  I did a quick Google, sorry to say, Texas is known for it's high land taxes,  :(.  It seems the different counties have different rules a well.  Here where I live in Indiana, you can get a mortgage exemption.  Even though my home is paid off, I keep an Home Equity Line of Credit, (at n/c to me) and the qualifies me for the mortgage exemption.

Congrats on Land Ownership.  Maybe open a RV parking lot to pay your taxes  ;)

I'm pretty sure I get a military discount, I don't remember the details because it's been forever, but worth checking out. Mine is in NY.

Like Amanda, I get a property tax veterans exemption in NY that as a combat vet, reduces my property taxes by 25%, and a seniors exemption for the NY STAR (School TAx Relief) program that reduces our school taxes significantly. We also receive a school tax partial rebate each year that our school district's budget increases stay under a variable cap that was set at 2% for this school year by the state. As said, check with your local assessors office to find out what you may be eligible for, you may be pleasantly surprised...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom