Slide controller question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvan

Coach has been sitting a month or so, went out today to exercise the generator and do some general cleaning. The first slide went out no problem. Bedroom slide sounded like it was winding up to go, but never moved, and went dead. Went out and reset the controller, same thing again, made noise, didn?t move, went dead.
After doing this a few times, I unplugged the controller power, plugged back in and this time it sounded normal for a second, but still didn?t move, went back out again and unplugged both motor plugs, swapped places and plugged them back in in opposite plugs from where they were, and the slide went right out, albeit I had to push button ?in?to make it go out, and vice-versa. Not sure what?s up, Is my controller going out? It?s a lippert controller part # 13398-C2.

Update: I dove back in to this now that the weather is halfway decent, I have discovered that for example, the slide will come in, then it will not go back out. If I switch places with the wires on the controller it will go back out, but won?t come back in until I swap the wires again. Does that sound like a controller issue, or a switch issue?

Dvan said:
Update: I dove back in to this now that the weather is halfway decent, I have discovered that for example, the slide will come in, then it will not go back out. If I switch places with the wires on the controller it will go back out, but won?t come back in until I swap the wires again. Does that sound like a controller issue, or a switch issue?

I'm thinking controller...But I'm only guessing.

My guess is switch.  One side of the switch works fine, and whatever is connected to that side works.  The other side, not so much.  Besides, switches are cheaper and easier to replace  ;D

grashley said:
My guess is switch.  One side of the switch works fine, and whatever is connected to that side works.  The other side, not so much.  Besides, switches are cheaper and easier to replace  ;D

And easier to check with a meter....

grashley said:

Much cheaper, I?ll check in to that first, thanks

Dvan said:

Switch 100% switch. no question but it is the switch absolutely sure.

Disconnect wires Operate the switch like 100 times in/out/in/out/in/out with the wires disconnected.. Re-connect and see if you have fixed it.. I can only give you a money back guarantee on this.. If it does not work your FREE is hereby cheerfully refunded.. (And if it works.. It's still free).

Back
Top Bottom