05 voyage front fender crack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mulroy

Spring is coming fast!  Since I am a DIY guy I want to fix a crack on my left front fender of my 05 Voyage. My intent is to remove the fender, fiberglass the repair and reinstall it back on. My problem is I don't know how the fender is removed. I think there are screws behind a horizontal molding that I don't know how to remove. Is this correct or is there another way to remove it? If I am correct, How does the horizontal molding come off? I see a clip or cover at the end of the molding but I don't want to break it to remove it.

In order to get the fender off, there are some screws on the braces.  Once these screws are removed there are hinges at the top of the fender, lift up the fender and remove the screws.  This is for the passenger side fender.  The driver's side is a little more complicated.  If you are removing the driver's side, let me know, I have done that too.

Ok, so PJ was right on. The passenger fender came off exactly how he said. Thanks! The fender isn't cracked, but the ABS fender (thanks ennored) is separated from the steel channel fender frame. I'll have to strip it back, glue it back down and reinstall. I'll check with my local body supply house to find the right product.
      Now, the driver's fender has to come off for the same reasons and it has a small crack in it. What is your advice on removing the driver's fender?

There is no hinge on the driver's side fender, so on the back side of the fender at the top there are two screws on each of the trim pieces at the top of the fender.  These screws need to be removed from the backside, and they are not easy to get to.  Once the trim pieces are removed there are some screws behind the trim pieces that need to be removed, there are also some screws that need to be removed on the back side of the fender where the fender is attached to some braces.

In addition, the treads on the steps need to be removed.  They are glued on, and mine came off by starting at a corner, and gently peeling the treads off.  Once removed there is one bolt per step that is now visible, and needs to be removed.  Once all this is done, the fender should come off if I remember correctly.

I removed the bolts in the steps before removing the screws at the top of the fender on the outside behind the trim pieces.

Here is a picture of the trim mounting screw locations.

Attachments

• driver-s-side-fender-trim-atta.jpg
    driver-s-side-fender-trim-atta.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 21
PJ, Ok, Im ready to remove the driver's fender. I'll let you know how that turns out. To be fair, I just drove from Albuq., to Phoenix for 5 days and the fender work on the passenger's side survived like a boss! Now I'm into the driver's side.

Also, spent 5 days at the Towerpoint Rv resort in Mesa, AZ. Oh my God, I want to move there! $50.00 per night includes utilities and all the amenities. I thought i was on a cruise ship with all the happening for the price. definitely a great stop!

Back
Top Bottom