Good Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

I did not realize how many movies Jason Statham has made, he is like the new Charles Bronson. 

Never heard of him. I did a search and found a list of his movies. I haven't seen any of them.

The movie Parker is good and The Mechanic is also good.  The Italian Job is not about just him but it is also a good movie.  I referred to him as the new Charles Bronson because The Mechanic is a remake of a Bronson movie, and they did a really good job.    I hear good things about some of his other movies but have not seen them yet.    I don't really get into all the driving movies like Fast N Furious, really not my thing so I will probably skip those.

djw2112 said:
The movie Parker is good and The Mechanic is also good.  The Italian Job is not about just him but it is also a good movie.  I referred to him as the new Charles Bronson because The Mechanic is a remake of a Bronson movie, and they did a really good job.    I hear good things about some of his other movies but have not seen them yet.    I don't really get into all the driving movies like Fast N Furious, really not my thing so I will probably skip those.
I liked the Mechanic and the Italian Job.  Transporter is good too.

Snatch and Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels are very good and if you like those, try Rocknrolla and Layer Cake (one of our favourites)...

I am just glad to find new actors and actresses that I like since many of my favs are gone now and more will fall this year I am sure.

So now that Oceans 8 (all female cast) has been done. I would like to see a super hero/action movie with all female cast as well.  One issue is that many of the original cast are either too old to participate or are no longer with us.  The other issue is that as many female super heros as there are I do not see any way to effectively cast them all in one movie and be able to give them enough time on the screen to make the audiance happy. 

So I would propose either making the move somewhat like Pulp Fiction where there are individual stories that make up the whole movie and have sequels to that format.  Or maybe just make it a iconic 4 hour movie to recognize them all in one showing.

So with that I will list them with or without preference of cast. Here are my wishes for casting and characters that I would like to see work together on one picture, not in any particular order of preference or importance.

1. Alice - Milla Jovovich - from Resident Evil
2. Hitgirl - Chlo? Grace Moretz - from Kickass series
3. Riley North - Jennifer Garner - from Peppermint
4. Katniss - Jennifer Lawrence - from Hunger Games
5. Lara Croft - anyone - from Tombraider
6. Batgirl - Michelle Pfeiffer - from batman
7. Aeon Flux - Charline Theron - from Aeon Flux
8. Natasha Romanoff - Scarlette Johansson - from Black Widow
9. Beatrix Kiddo -  Uma Thurman - from Kill Bill
10. Ellen Ripley - Sigourney Weaver - from Alien
11. Sara Conner - Linda Hamilton - from Terminator
12. Storm - Halle Berry - from Xmen
This next one is either or just because I really like her movies and her real life personality and I also have a huge crush on her lol
13. Libby/Boltie - Ellen Page - from Super
13. Kitty Pryde - Ellen Page - from Xmen
14. Selene - Kate Beckinsale - from Underworld
15. Trinity - Carrie Ann Moss - from Matrix
16. Yu Shu Lien - Michelle Yeoh -from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

I am sure I have missed a few so please add to list if needed.

Larry N. said:
Surely you goofed -- there are three of them that I've actually heard of. Try again.  ::) :eek: ;D ;D

HA...I heard of 5 of them...I must be younger ;D

I've seen 2 of the 16 you listed. The rest didn't appeal to me.

I have seen several of Jason Statham's movies. Crank was interesting, but wasn't worth watching the sequels.
Mechanic, Expendables, Bank Job, Home Front and few others were good.

Larry N. said:
Surely you goofed -- there are three of them that I've actually heard of. Try again.  ::) :eek: ;D ;D

Sorry to hear that, you have missed some great movie characters IMO.  Maybe one day you will get the chance to enjoy them.  Even as many times as I have seen the Matrix I still catch things every time I see it that I never caught before.

Hi djw2112,

I have a fairly big movie library with movies from my childhood that mean something to me and movies that I feel that are worthy of watching. I have lots of Sci Fi types. My problem with what is cranked out these days is all the vulgarities and other unnecessary items including politically stances. I stopped buying or supporting any of the new movies and have instead focused on the older movies that seem to have more value than compared to movies these days. I know many others won't agree with my ideas but there seems to be a lack of talent glossed over with special effects to cover up. Best!

We do not go to a theater to watch movies. We wait for them to come out on Netflix, Amazon or Hulu. I can pop a bag of popcorn that costs about $.50 and one of the big sodas is about $1.00-$1.50. I can pause anytime I want and the best thing is I can watch the movie in my underwear. Tried that at the theater and got kicked out.

camperAL said:
Hi djw2112,

I have a fairly big movie library with movies from my childhood that mean something to me and movies that I feel that are worthy of watching. I have lots of Sci Fi types. My problem with what is cranked out these days is all the vulgarities and other unnecessary items including politically stances. I stopped buying or supporting any of the new movies and have instead focused on the older movies that seem to have more value than compared to movies these days. I know many others won't agree with my ideas but there seems to be a lack of talent glossed over with special effects to cover up. Best!

I agree with you that some movies take a biased stance and tend to get away from whole idea of watching movies (theatre or not) to send unneeded message.  But none of the movies I listed (that I know of) are based on anything but a simple action movie with no other messages. 

Oldgator73 said:
We do not go to a theater to watch movies. We wait for them to come out on Netflix, Amazon or Hulu. I can pop a bag of popcorn that costs about $.50 and one of the big sodas is about $1.00-$1.50. I can pause anytime I want and the best thing is I can watch the movie in my underwear. Tried that at the theater and got kicked out.

I do not go to theatre either, I wait for them to come out on Dish Network.

Oldgator73 said:
We enjoy going to the theater occasionally. We have AMC Stubs and can see movies on Tuesdays for $5. We like the large screen, sound and popcorn. If it?s a good comedy having other people around laughing adds to our enjoyment. Costs about $25 for the two of us, or about $6.25 per hour. Not a bad price for a couple of hours of entertainment.

I'm with Al, too much CGI, too political on these newer movies. I've got the mechanic with Charles Bronson on dvd, didn't even know there was a remake. I've been on a Jack Nicholson kick lately, I got 5 easy pieces and 1 flew over the coocoo's nest. I tried to get easy rider, but that's hard to get on dvd.

CGI bores me. When anything is possible, nothing is special.
I don't go to theaters any more because people won't shut the heck up and watch the movie.
Give me a good-natured caper flick, a clever spy story, or something where it's all about interesting characters. Some (but by no means all) favorites:
  • Get Shorty

• Ocean's Eleven (Both Sinatra and Clooney versions are great)

• The Sting

• The Thomas Crown Affair (McQueen and Dunaway favored over Brosnan and Russo, but like both)

• Matt Damon as Jason Bourne.

• Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

• The Russia House

• The Hunt for Red October

• Three Days of the Condor

• The Natural

• Argo

• The Ipcress File

• Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels

• No Way Out

• The Odd Couple (Lemmon and Matthau)

• Groundhog Day (I'm from PA - Can't help but like it)

• Midnight Run

• Trading Places (A great short course in markets and economics hidden in a fun ride)

• Avalon (A personal favorite because it feels so much like my family history)

Somehow Jack Nicholson's work is missing above, but a bunch of his movis are in the full list.

Back
Top Bottom