Alafia River State Park, Lithia FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brings back memories. I was born and raised in Daytona Beach and my Mom in Tampa. We had a beagle that our daughter found in a ditch here in Dover, DE. She was just a baby when she was found. That was about 2004. She passed away last year.

We've been to Alafia River SP several times and really like it there. We will be there again in just a few weeks. The low water spigots don't bother me, I just use a 3' hose to connect the large water filter that I normally connect directly. I'm looking forward to having breakfast at Tim's Cafe just a few miles away while we're there.

NY_Dutch said:
We've been to Alafia River SP several times and really like it there. We will be there again in just a few weeks. The low water spigots don't bother me, I just use a 3' hose to connect the large water filter that I normally connect directly. I'm looking forward to having breakfast at Tim's Cafe just a few miles away while we're there.

I banged my knuckles more than usual and that can mess up my day... The bigger problem was the ultra-low water pressure at my site, 20psi.  So we used our own pump and tank...  Still and all, I love this particular SP.

cadee2c said:
Why is that?

Water spigot 3" off the ground is especially annoying. Ultra-low water pressure is even worse. In my mind when I find an utterly stupid problem I assume that there are many more utterly stupid problems that I just haven't found yet and I further assume that it reflects directly on overall poor facility management... But this State Park is so awesome that I find myself ignoring those utterly stupid problems.

But this State Park is so awesome that I find myself ignoring those utterly stupid problems.

There could be a deep philosophical type life lesson in that sentence.  :eek:

As I said, my short hose section "fixes" the low spigot issue, and flipping on the onboard pump with water in the fresh tank cures the low pressure issue for showers. We don't let minor issues like those detract from our overall enjoyment of any park, especially state and national parks that are often underfunded.

NY_Dutch said:
As I said, my short hose section "fixes" the low spigot issue, and flipping on the onboard pump with water in the fresh tank cures the low pressure issue for showers. We don't let minor issues like those detract from our overall enjoyment of any park, especially state and national parks that are often underfunded.

And I neglected to mention that not all the sites have the dwarf-height water spigot, many have been updated...

AnRVAndADog said:
And I neglected to mention that not all the sites have the dwarf-height water spigot, many have been updated...

Yes, the last time we were there we had a short spigot, but the time before we had a taller one that didn't need the short hose. I'll have to see what we get this time around, but it's not an issue for me either way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom