Extreme Cold + RV = ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the Pocono's and doing well so far.  I am working till spring then moving on....in the mean time i had to do a lot of insulation on my low point drains.....that was fine till we got the negative wind chills a week or so ago.  No skirting, but dual pane windows.

I just put in a recirculating pump for instant hot water (Watts) and plumbed it into my Kitchen island.  Just got done this afternoon and i have to say,  -27 wind chills so far, no frozen pipes.  Even the propane heat only cycles on maybe 60 to 70 percent per hour or so...

no problem...... 8)

2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Glad you commented, Jim.  We were wondering about the people up in the Dakotas who work in the oil fields and live in RVs.  Some people in the past have asked about doing this and I hope more of them will post so we know how to advise people in the future.  I just can't imagine being out there at -50 degrees!

ArdraF

I'm such a sissy now that if it gets below 40 I start whining. LOL  That's why my "house" has wheels, so I can relocate when necessary.  8)

I'm just thankful that wind chill has no effect on water pipes freezing. That would be a real game changer.

They have had freezing temps in florida before just in case anyone has forgotten the winter of 1899 in which it was -2 brrrrrr LMAO  ;D

djw2112 said:
They have had freezing temps in florida before just in case anyone has forgotten the winter of 1899 in which it was -2 brrrrrr LMAO  ;D

We're currently in White Springs, FL near the GA line, and the predicted low overnight is 28 deg.F.  :eek:

NY_Dutch said:
We're currently in White Springs, FL near the GA line, and the predicted low overnight is 28 deg.F.  :eek:

Same here in Alabama...This was not what I signed up for :) :)

NY_Dutch said:
Oh well, we'll be in the high 70's/low 80's next week if the weather guessers are right... ;)

:)) :)) And that's what we signed up for.. :D :D

I live in central Virginia and, as I write this, it's 21 F degrees and will get down to 15 F degrees. Guess it's time to find the ice skates because the pond will be frozen over in the morning. 

13? here when I got up this morning. Toasty 70/71? inside. Nothing frozen. :))

NY_Dutch said:

Would I be correct in assume that 28 drees-- 4 degrees below freezing-- would not cause one to take any steps to deal with freezing issues in an RV since that low a temperature would likely be for only a short period and not long enough to cause much concern?

jymbee said:
Would I be correct in assume that 28 drees-- 4 degrees below freezing-- would not cause one to take any steps to deal with freezing issues in an RV since that low a temperature would likely be for only a short period and not long enough to cause much concern?

I think if you take a cup of water and set inside by the water heater or in the storage bay with the water lines, and they freeze,  then the water lines will freeze as well.  So yes freezing is freezing regardless how long.

Gizmo100 said:
Yes there's a box...But it's the only secret men have...So we're not sharing it :)

The problem is that I can't get my round head out of the square box in order to think outside the box.

djw2112 said:
The problem is that I can't get my round head out of the square box in order to think outside the box.

HEY...No talking about the box when the women are around :mad:

Back
Top Bottom