Atwood jack/levellers, go down and stop 1/2" before touching the ground?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Powerstroke2000

I'm getting my Atwood jack/levelling system to go down fine, but they either touch, then come up 1/2" above the ground (or blocks if I put them on the ground under the jacks) or they all stop at 1/2" before touching!

This is after pushing the On - All to have them automatically level. Any ideas on why it would do this, and what my next step is to rectify the issue? I don't have a 'manual' button on my keypad, or I'd just drop them down manually.
I'm unsure also on the steps to reset the 'auto-level' system? Wondering if any of you choose to reset your auto-level system now and then, and if you could explain the procedure? I really don't want to put my slides out, until I get this working.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions!

I have had to reset my Level Up system (Lippert) a couple of times, but I am sure the sequence is different on mine compared to your Atwood (I assume it is anyway) so I won't go into it here.

grashley said:
Maybe more important, what is the reservoir level with the jacks all down??

Most hydraulic systems are checked with all the rams retracted. If the slides are hydraulic, they should be in also.

Thanks, goat.  I did not know.  My thought was if the reservoir was empty with everything extended, it could be low on fluid, and could extend no further.

You're welcome. If your jacks are down when fluid is added to the reservoir , it will most likely over flow when they are retracted. I misspoke when mentioning hydraulic slides. They are double acting cylinders, and there's not a lot of difference between extended and retracted.

Back
Top Bottom