2nd Battleborn installed in our 2014 Itasca Sunstar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLOweather

The second Battleborn 100 AH battery arrived today and I got it installed in the battery bay under the steps. There is just enough room under there for 2 Group 27 batteries in place of the stock Group 24s, and the engine battery. I did have to disconnect and reroute a couple of cables to make it work.

Attachments

• 190131batteries.jpg
    190131batteries.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 70
Looks good, good luck with them. I have been very happy with our 3, great product and customer service.  I will be purchasing 4 more soon. 

SLOweather said:
The second Battleborn 100 AH battery arrived today and I got it installed in the battery bay under the steps. There is just enough room under there for 2 Group 27 batteries in place of the stock Group 24s, and the engine battery. I did have to disconnect and reroute a couple of cables to make it work.
I see what looks like a shunt on the left battery with the minus terminal from the battery on the right going to the house side of the shunt instead of the battery side of the shunt.  If what I think I see is correct then the monitor attached to the shunt will not measure the current going to the battery on the right.

AStravelers said:
I see what looks like a shunt on the left battery with the minus terminal from the battery on the right going to the house side of the shunt instead of the battery side of the shunt.  If what I think I see is correct then the monitor attached to the shunt will not measure the current going to the battery on the right.
It's difficult to see exactly what that thing is, either for current sensing or monitoring battery temperature when charging.

Duh. Thanks. That's the shunt for a Victron monitor. I'll move that cable down today. :)

John Canfield said:
It's difficult to see exactly what that thing is, either for current sensing or monitoring battery temperature when charging.

OK. Fixed. Thanks for noticing that.

Attachments

• 190201batterycables.jpg
    190201batterycables.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom