Back in the uke groove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Missed uke practice last week, so this week was my first practice following our (my/Chris') extended holiday. Some 'new to us' songs, and several more being scored after the recent open mic' sessions.

I's always interesting to watch band members learn the lyrics & chords for 'new' songs; Heads down & faces into the lead sheets, low singing volume. Then, as they get some repetitive practice over a few weeks, lights go on, singing and playing 'perk up'.

Some 'new to us' songs, and several more being scored after the recent open mic' sessions.
Thanks to the efforts of our Music Director, yesterday he/I published 9 additional 'new' songs (largely from our recent open mic' sessions) and one 'old' song transposed into a different key. Should be an interesting couple of weeks as the band attempts to learn and play new numbers.

Tom said:
Thanks to the efforts of our Music Director, yesterday he/I published 9 additional 'new' songs (largely from our recent open mic' sessions) and one 'old' song transposed into a different key. Should be an interesting couple of weeks as the band attempts to learn and play new numbers.
Bet they're glad you're back, giving them all that extra work! ?

LOL Jackie, they can blame our Scottish-born maestro. I just publish his good work and maintain our library.

There is something so wonderful in singing/playing with a group. Solo work is nice too, but the community of musicians is so rewarding.

[quote author=UTTransplant]There is something so wonderful in singing/playing with a group.[/quote]

Aye, you're right. Just the other day I was telling someone about the time I joined a barbershop chorus, after having sung solo most of my life. I planted myself among the bass singers at their practice and, when they started singing the first song, the "wall of sound" that I heard around me was a big wow moment. One thing we were taught was to forget our solo singing and sing as a chorus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom