Norcold 1210 IMT leaking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alpena Jeff

Last couple days we have noticed a couple water puddles on the floor in front of the fridge. The small strip of carpet directly under the doors is also slightly wet.
Inside bottom of fridge is dry. It has only been running since we left home on Saturday.
Water inside the coach freaks me out. Any ideas?
I just turned off the ice maker to see if that makes a difference.
Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, if it's not the ice maker I'd guess the condensation tray/drain line directly beneath the cooling fins may be plugged. No magic here, plastic tray with rubber line leading to the back of the unit and accessible from outside. Blow on the line, and check the tray for obstructions

The line outside just sits in a little cup where they rely on evaporation. There's a bug stopper in the end of the hose that can plug easily, backing up into the collection tray.

Can you shutoff the water to the ice maker? That would be the best way to eliminate that as a possibility.

The little plastic water line going to the ice maker sprung a leak on mine years ago. The hole in the hose was down under my refrigerator. The water line went to my kitchen sink to get water and had a shut off valve located there so I shut off the valve which stopped the leak.

I've seen other posts where that small hose has developed leaks, seems to be a common problem.

What is an IMT?  I have a Norcold 1200 but have never heard of the IMT.

We had a similar situation in our coach last year on the way home from the Philadelphia area. Turned out to be the water line connection in the outside refrigerator compartment had shaken loose and leaked down inside the coach on the floor. The roads were in really bad condition and it was quite a jarring ride. You may want to check that area on your coach. Just an idea.

Ok. Found it. The water supply line is leaking at the ice maker valve. Slow drip. It's a garden hose type connection onto a plastic male threaded piece. I tried to hand tighten but feels tight. Can I put a pliers on it without cracking the plastic fitting?  There is no shutoff that I can see.

Before I used the pliers I would shut off the water pump or disconnect your water line...Just in case

Alpena Jeff said:
Ok. Found it. The water supply line is leaking at the ice maker valve. Slow drip. It's a garden hose type connection onto a plastic male threaded piece. I tried to hand tighten but feels tight. Can I put a pliers on it without cracking the plastic fitting?  There is no shutoff that I can see.

Glad you found it. I would consider installing a shutoff valve, simple and cheap to do and could eliminate a big headache down the road

Had about a 1/2 inch of water in the paper cup I used under the leak so it's now a very slow leak.
Can I unhook the water supply, disconnect the hose fitting that's leaking and use plumbers tape on a plastic fitting?
Good morning.

Yes you can, Jeff. There is nothing special about that water line and fitting.  By the way, since it's a hose thread fitting, there is probably a hose washer in the fitting. A new one might solve the problem.

Re IMT:  Norcold use the letter suffixes to denote factory option features.  The IM is for IceMaker, but don't know about the T.  It's probably a trim option, e.g. "Teak" as opposed to SS (Stainless)

Somehow my reply before Gary's went away. If the hose washer doesn't fix it, the 4" line connection may be leaking. If so, it uses a ferrule and insert there. All parts are available at big box stores and a lot of local hardware stores.

Thanks Mr. Goat.
My spare washer was a perfect fit. I added plumbers tape just for fun and so far no leaks. We'll see what happens when we put her on the road tomorrow.

I am a little surprised there is no shutoff. Do you have an whole house filter or inline filter for drinking water in your system? The water for the ice maker is often coming from there and there may be a valve near the filter input so you can change it without shutting down the whole coach supply.

Back
Top Bottom