Hillsborough River State Park, Thonotosassa FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a beautiful site. I also notice you have a Beagle. I had a female named Mary Margaret who was my companion for 13 years. She, like other Beagles, had a huge personality. Didn't like strangers until I introduced them. Except for children. Stranger kids could run up to her and she would stand there and let them shower affection on her. Stranger adult; no way. She also loved to travel and investigate the all the new smells wherever we went.

So, when I was ready to get another dog, I was thinking Beagle and ended up with an 80 lb Walker Hound named Hillbilly. The most laid back pet I've ever owned. A stranger knocks on the door and he will continue to lay on the floor. At most, he may lift his head to check out. But, would never expend any energy to get up or bark. So different than a typical Beagle. On the other hand, Hillbilly is big, clumsy, affectionate, and happy.

We were there last winter, and it is a nice park. It was fun watching you drive past "our" site on your way to yours in the video. There was a 5'ver and P/U there though, in your video. Did you see the "Prayer of the Woods" while you were there?

Attachments

• 2018-03-10 13.35.04.jpg
    2018-03-10 13.35.04.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2018-03-10 12.35.56.jpg
    2018-03-10 12.35.56.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 18
IBTripping said:
What a beautiful site. I also notice you have a Beagle. I had a female named Mary Margaret who was my companion for 13 years. She, like other Beagles, had a huge personality. Didn't like strangers until I introduced them. Except for children. Stranger kids could run up to her and she would stand there and let them shower affection on her. Stranger adult; no way. She also loved to travel and investigate the all the new smells wherever we went.
So, when I was ready to get another dog, I was thinking Beagle and ended up with an 80 lb Walker Hound named Hillbilly. The most laid back pet I've ever owned. A stranger knocks on the door and he will continue to lay on the floor. At most, he may lift his head to check out. But, would never expend any energy to get up or bark. So different than a typical Beagle. On the other hand, Hillbilly is big, clumsy, affectionate, and happy.

We had a real Beagle. She got a cancer and died at 11 years old, that was 2 years ago.  We got Bailey about a year ago thinking he was a Beagle puppy. He's actually 50% Beagle, 25% Fox Hound and 25% Treeing Walker Coonhound. He's super friendly, super lovable, a very very good boy but he's as dumb as a box of rocks...  He loves RVing and State Park hiking.  He loves everybody, children, adults, doesn't matter to him. And he loves napping...

NY_Dutch said:
We were there last winter, and it is a nice park. It was fun watching you drive past "our" site on your way to yours in the video. There was a 5'ver and P/U there though, in your video. Did you see the "Prayer of the Woods" while you were there?

We didn't get to the official trails and didn't see any signs. But we found an unofficial trail on the campsite side of the River. That's where we saw the gator... We already love this State Park and we'll be back often.

Back
Top Bottom