What was my brother fixing in the RV??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a FYI...

If your brother used home oxygen That other compressor may have been off of a old concentration.

The paper laying on the bench are the direction for rebuilding the heads of a compressor. (I've rebuilt at least a 100 of them).

And that old pump is what they look like after being in service for a number of years.

The new compressor may have been an attempt by your brother to just replace the compressor when the rebuild didn't fix the problem.

That said....I would still get the RV checked before doing anything ...Just in case

Does the RV have some type of "Air cover" or internal "Air bags" (not the ones in-case of an accident), she said my brother was also planning on replacing those too??

Most diesel pusher motorhomes have air bag suspension, though some lower end models have leaf springs, I would assume this one being an upper end model would have an air bag suspension system, possibly with 4, 8 or even 12 suspension air bags.

My brother's RV is the upper end model from what I can fathom since it's the larger type RV....The side panels that slide out is what I'm unsure about as his wife said it wasn't working properly, either the compressor part my brother was working on helps control that too or it's a separate case that he needed to fix on its own and replace the whole pump unit, she also mentioned the door entrance to the driver seat that the compressor might have played a role too since we had to manually pull it and lock it as it normally would just slide in and out..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/The-Complete-Guide-to-RV-Slide-Out-Parts-/10000000178468001/g.html

I will be heading back this Friday for a day or end of this month to take pics of what exactly he was working on and if time permits, will visiting some RV repair and service to get an idea of the cost of it being fixed.

Some diesel pusher motorhomes have a air operated sliding panel that covers the passenger side entry foot well where the stairs are located, this may have been operated by the electric compressor shown in your initial photos.  The side slides are usually either powered by electric motors, either cable or gear track systems or sometimes by hydraulic rams or hydraulic motors.  It is possible that some are also operated by air, though I have not heard of of any like this.  Newell is a very upper end brand, it is also a large 45 ft diesel pusher, which I assume has a tag axle, which may itself be air operated with variable positioning.  This coach was probably in the million dollar price range when new, and if in good condition today is likely still worth well over $100,000, maybe even $150,000.

Here are the parts that he took off of the RV or at least what I believe are from the RV. If anyone recognizes it please let me know.

Attachments

• RV (9 of 10).jpg
    RV (9 of 10).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 36
I assume this is replacing the two cannisters on the previous pic

Attachments

• RV (8 of 10).jpg
    RV (8 of 10).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 32
Not sure if this is part of the RV or not?

Attachments

• RV (7 of 10).jpg
    RV (7 of 10).jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 32
It is hard to tell from those photos, but that first one is almost certainly an air conditioner or possibly refrigeration unit of some type.  I would guess a roof top RV air conditioner of some type, though one that appears to have been retro-fitted with service ports, though the design does not look exactly right, maybe an RV basement style air conditioner?

I think you are right about the basement type AC as he took off the panel of where it was on RV.  The wife said he was trying to fixing the AC too.

Attachments

• RV111.jpg
    RV111.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 37
Alaskansnowbirds said:
I had good service from

Massey's Diesel & RV Repair
1417 S 59th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85043
602-233-1700
https://www.masseysdiesel.com/

They are just south of Buckeye Rd. on 59th.
Tom Kszepka is the Motor Home Service Advisor

Gave them a call, they don't repair Newell's...He gave me another number but there service department isn't picking up.

Back
Top Bottom