Patio Mats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KodiakRV

I know there was some discussion on this topic several months ago, but I couldn't find it in a search...

There were some recommendations a while back on the best material for RV patio mats.  I'd like something that can be used on both sandy (shake it out) and muddy (rinse it off) ground.  Something that rain won't pool on top of.  Something that easy to fold/roll for storage.  Something that chairs won't poke a hole through.  Any recommendations?

Except for weight and the fact I've never seen one that size, Link mats work well.

I have a fake-grass mat but it fills up with sand, it is waterproof and I have washed it... ONCE.  Did not get all the sand out

I also have a small wodden "path" not much bigger than a welcome mat, this is slats of wood with spacers, rolls up nice, I use it steping off the steps often as not.

We have a green fake grass mat.  Used it a couple of times.  Sand doesn't shake out.  Rain makes it REALLY heavy and adds mud.  When you put it away wet, as you sometimes must do, it starts to smell bad.  It is now permanently stored in the garage.  Too much hassle!

ArdraF

We have a green mat that up close looks like a fine mesh screen.  Water runs through it and it's not supposed to kill the grass underneath.  Cleans up with a hosing down.

May not be exactly what you are looking for but here is my "mat".  I had a piece of leftover indoor/outdoor carpet about 4' X 8'.  On the 4' ends, I attached 1"X4" slats to the under side with a heavy duty stapler. The slats help hold the mat in place and serve as a means of rolling the mat up for storage and transport.  Being I/O carpet, I can wash it off as necessary and put it in heavy duty trash bags for transport in a storage compartment on the TT.  Then, at home, I take it out to hang or spread to dry.  The size is variable according to your needs and should still remain light enough to handle relatively easily. 

Try this place.  www.rvawningmats.com  I have a 9X12 mat that is made of plastic.  It's like cocktail straws.  I does not hold water.  It will not kill grass.  It will not hold sand.  And it cleans to like new with a small power sprayer.  It cost about $55.  I love it.  Spray it off, roll it up and let it sit a few minutes and it's dry.

JJHamick said:
Try this place.  www.rvawningmats.com  I have a 9X12 mat that is made of plastic.  It's like cocktail straws.  I does not hold water.  It will not kill grass.  It will not hold sand.  And it cleans to like new with a small power sprayer.  It cost about $55.  I love it.  Spray it off, roll it up and let it sit a few minutes and it's dry.

That's exactly what we have, purchased from Camping world.  They're great.  They are also light weight and one person can lay them down or pick them up alone.  Now the old "green grass" stays at home.

JoAnn

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom