Sealand 910...leaking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laughable1

Sealand 910 Traveler Toilet:
I have replaced the ball seal so the bowl will hold water.Now It does. Then I got periodic leaking on the floor so replaced the floor seal. All seemed well. But now any weight on one side of the bowl ( like push down with your foot- or when someone sitting on the bowl leans to one side) and the water leaks from the bowl and seeps out from the bottom of the pedestal onto the floor. Other than taking everything apart to reverse engineer what could be causing this ?bowl- then floor?- leak, can anyone enlighten me?
Thank you all

Welcome to the forum.
Get on your knees and look under the bowl. You'll see what is a huge hose clamp. Remove it or loosen it enough to gain access to the 2 split rings under the hose clamp. Rotate the split rings so the ends are spaced evenly. Then reinstall the large hose clamp and tighten it down pretty tight. Chances are, that's where your leak is coming from. If the leak is still there, you may need to separate the bowl there and replace the gasket.

Pull the toilet and check if the floor is destroyed from all that leaking.

I make my own base to floor gasket from carpet pad foam,, a dense foam that works great for this purpose. The center clamp that Rene speaks of does not use a gasket, just apply a sealer of choice (plumbers putty) and adjust the clamping ring with the "split" on the opposite side from the valve and thighten the clamp..Operate the ball valve while watching for leakage at that point, they will normally leak when LIFTING the lever rather than pressing down.>>>Dan

Thnks guys,  Will check it out.  So perhaps I wasn?t paying attention when I put the big hose clamp back on and didn?t  position split rings well...hope its that simple...cuz I am:)

Just Wanted everybody to know the resolution. The large clamp was definitely the issue. When I took it off looked at how it should be installed and re-tightened it, everything is great! No more leaking. Thank you so much for your help everybody.

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom