Picking up our new (to us) Trailer Saturday!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SarniaTricia

https://www.jayco.com/tools/archive/2017-jay-flight/21qb/

So after my horrible trip to Massachusetts in October, my DH decided I needed a trailer that would not fail me! He surprised me by bringing me to the dealership to buy a newish trailer!!
He said we were going to pick-up a part for the truck ... I asked if we could look at the trailers at a dealership nearby... He drove right in and said we could look at trailers first.... Had the perfect trailer all picked out and had the sales person pull it up near the front, warm and plugged in... I guess he was listening to me prattle on about this and that and actually looked at the RVs I was shoving in his face....

I am now driving a 2003 Dodge Ram to tow a 21ft trailer! <3 ;D

Attachments

• Jayco.png
    Jayco.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 45
Don't you just love it when we listen...Congrats on the new toy.

Now the fun begins...Setting it up.

Looks Awesome.  :)  Happy for you  ;)
Great upgrade since you were rigging up that Astro van.  Just don't be telling stories of transporting ducks in the trailer.  ;D ;D ;D

Arch Hoagland said:
Well...where are you headed for the first trip?

Planned Trips so far:
1,2,3 March - Lansing, MI for a rabbit show weekend
25,26,27,28 April - Indianapolis, IN area for a rabbit show
27-31 May - Elora, Ontario area for some actual camping with the DH and dog
1-7 July - Saint-Raymond, Quebec - to visit family

Needless to say I will be using the camper while it is still winterized and I will be using the furnace quite a bit!  LOL

SpencerPJ said:
Looks Awesome.  :)  Happy for you  ;)
Great upgrade since you were rigging up that Astro van.  Just don't be telling stories of transporting ducks in the trailer.  ;D ;D ;D

I might get my camper taken away if I put critters in it!!!! :eek:
The "new" truck has a cap, so any turkey, chicken, duck or rabbit transporting will happen in the back of the truck.

Attachments

• my truck with cap.png
    my truck with cap.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 18
SarniaTricia said:
I might get my camper taken away if I put critters in it!!!! :eek:
The "new" truck has a cap, so any turkey, chicken, duck or rabbit transporting will happen in the back of the truck.

Haha, oh the pictures I see in my head.  Happy you got a good set-up.  Keep us posted with pics.  I live in Indianapolis, I'll keep off the roads that weekend  ;)  ;D ;D ;D

You had to know this was gonna happen when you talk about wabbits lol :)  all in good fun

Attachments

• wabbitseason.jpg
    wabbitseason.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 13
SarniaTricia said:

About 10 or 12 years ago we spent Memorial Day weekend on the Canadian side in the 1000 Islands area. At first we were confused when we woke up Sunday morning and saw everyone packing up and then it clicked - "Oh yah, it's US holiday dummies!" We pretty much had the whole park to ourselves until we checked out the next day!

Nice looking TT. I especially like the sloped front. Should help reduce wind resistance. Congrats. Enjoy!!!

djw2112 said:
You had to know this was gonna happen when you talk about wabbits lol :)  all in good fun
That is strait up fightin words with SarniaTricia.  She'll black your eye for even looking at her wabbits wrong  ;D ;D ;D

SarniaTricia said:
Planned Trips so far:
1,2,3 March - Lansing, MI for a rabbit show weekend
25,26,27,28 April - Indianapolis, IN area for a rabbit show
1-7 July - Saint-Raymond, Quebec - to visit family

Needless to say I will be using the camper while it is still winterized and I will be using the furnace quite a bit!  LOL

I used to show dogs...obedience and confirmation.  Never heard of rabbit shows. What do they do at them?

SpencerPJ said:
That is strait up fightin words with SarniaTricia.  She'll black your eye for even looking at her wabbits wrong  ;D ;D ;D

Opps, i need to use my inside voice i guess :)

djw2112 said:
Opps, i need to use my inside voice i guess :)

;) I'm not going to knock you out (I'm more passive aggressive then aggressive).... might make you watch me dispatch bunnies  :-[ ... any that don't make the show table, make the dinner table....

Arch Hoagland said:
I used to show dogs...obedience and confirmation.  Never heard of rabbit shows. What do they do at them?

You bring your rabbits up to a table.... there are small cages along the exhibitor side and a judge is on the other side.... the judge takes your rabbit and poses it and gives it a rating against the other rabbits until the judge figures out which rabbit best meets the "standard"

Some shows have agility.... but it is still fairly new
It is really social and I have a great time with my rabbit friends!

Attachments

• MSU Show Nov 24,25 - 2018 - Czech Frosty.png
    MSU Show Nov 24,25 - 2018 - Czech Frosty.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 17
  • MSU Show Nov 24,25- 2018 - Harlequin.png
    MSU Show Nov 24,25- 2018 - Harlequin.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom