Trip planning - Redwood parks in CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelazyl

I am planning a trip from our home in Oregon's Willamette Valley, down the Oregon coast, and ending up at the Redwood National Park in northern California. 

Can someone recommend specific sights to see at the Redwood Park - and a recommended campground?  We are driving our 38' DP.

Thanks in advance.

We've stayed at the Redwoods RV Resort near Crescent City a couple of times, and really liked it. (6701 US-101 Crescent City) It's a private park, but many of the sites are very spacious.

Kev

We checked out this place https://giantredwoodsrv.com/ this fall as we are thinking about taking the grandkids into the redwoods this summer. I talked with the managers for 20-30 minutes and would go there in a heartbeat. They indicated they might be going to a different park but hadn't made up their minds yet. Hope they are still there.

In the Humbolt Park there is a very interesting visitor center. I could have spent the rest of the day there but SWMBO was ready to move on. When you walk in there is a marker that shows the high water line from the 1964 floods it is 6' plus above ground level. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom