1997 Coachman Miranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alpine bob

The winnebago we were looking at is no longer on the market, so we are going to look at a 97 Clubman Miranda 300QB. 31 ft.
Any thoughts or comments on this vintage Clubman Coachman would be appreciated.
Thanks Bob

(Mod edit: RV manufacturer name corrected)

SORRY, that should read Coachmen Miranda 300QB. :-[

(Mod edit: RV manufacturer corrected)

That Coachmen will be on one of two chassis.
Chev chassis independent front suspension had it's failings. ie: loose bell cranks, air bags in front springs & the world famous auto park system. All expensiv items to repair.
Ford chassis, right exhaust manifold bolt failures & disk brake calipers that need their mountings cleaned and re-lubed every two years. Also a front panhard bar makes a world of difference in handling.
Some will claim their Ford chassis never stopped well. Others had no problem. Probably a maintenance issue.
Both chassis will drive like crap if not aligned correctly.

This Miranda is on a ford chassis. Is there a panhard bar on this chassis?
Going to see the Coach tomorrow, take it for a drive, see how we like the feel.
If all works well, may motor down from Kingston ON. to Naples FL in March.

No pan hard bar from the factor on that year F53. Your handling will benefit with one.
If that coach is on a 97 chassis, it will have the master cylinder on the fire wall. If on a 96 chassis, the master cylinder will be on the left frame rail.

If you buy the coach and want to do suspension improvements on it, Google "F53 cheap handling fix" before you spend any money on extra sway bars or panhard bars or other stuff.
Not saying that stuff doesn't work(because it does), but I got mine to drive quite well without spending a penny on the improvements just by doing the CHF.  Probably saved enough for several tanks of gas.

Old_Crow said:
If you buy the coach and want to do suspension improvements on it, Google "F53 cheap handling fix" before you spend any money on extra sway bars or panhard bars or other stuff.
Not saying that stuff doesn't work(because it does), but I got mine to drive quite well without spending a penny on the improvements just by doing the CHF.  Probably saved enough for several tanks of gas.

The CHF won't work on 97 and back F53s. Different suspension components.

Well we turned down the Miranda coach. salesman was a jerk ( whats new ? )
Drove three hours for an appointment to see the Miranda and the guy hadn't even charged the battery or cleared snow.
So they couldn't start it, and the roof was patched in numerous places.
No driver side door.
So we are off to see a 27 ft. Winnebago Chieftain tomorrow. But again the 454 with 4 bbl carb.
add listing ;

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1415242618&utm

Take a look, I will appreciate any comments.
Thanks Bob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom