Asheville NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z10kl

Any suggestions on a campground near Asheville? Looked at web sites for Bear Creek and Mama Gerties, but would like to hear from someone who has been there. Will be in an 33ft fifth wheel. Just me and my wife.

We stay at one near the Farmers Market, I think it is Bear Creak.
It is a nice campground, but some of the sites are kind on tight.
However it is convenient to get to most things.

Dave

Can't help with a site but I can suggest you might want to try a trip on one of the narrow guage railroads they have.  We are booked for a trip when friends from WI fly down to visit later this month.

I've stayed in that area but way back when I was using a really old converted bread truck and we didn't need that much room so I didn't pay attention.

z10kl said:
Any suggestions on a campground near Asheville? Looked at web sites for Bear Creek and Mama Gerties, but would like to hear from someone who has been there. Will be in an 33ft fifth wheel. Just me and my wife.

We stay at Bear Creek quite often. It's ok but does have some sites much better than others.

We too have stayed at Bear Creek ....we thought it was a lovely campground.  (I agree some sites are very tight) Perhaps you could look at close by areas to Asheville.....Black Mountain is close by and someone told me there is a campground there.  Black Mountain is about 10 minutes from Asheville.  Or Maggie Valley is about 30 minutes away ....they have lots of campgrounds.

Best of luck to you!!

Happy Camping to All !!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom