Women who RV independently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IBTripping

I've noticed a number of posts from women who are or are interested in RVing on their own (independently). While doing a web search for something else, I came across a non-profit organization for women who RV travel independently. It's called "RVing Women." It is self described as being "For Women Who Love to RV." Their website says member benefits include a magazine, rallies, caravans, discounts, driving school, local chapters, and other events.

I don't know if it's a worthwhile organization and I'm not endorsing RVing Women. But, if any women who RV want to check it out, here's a link to the website: https://www.rvingwomen.org/

djw2112 said:
Hey honey lets go drain the black tank together my love LOL

File this under "things I've never heard my wife say in 40 years of marriage" right up there with,"you're right, Dear".

Old_Crow said:
File this under "things I've never heard my wife say in 40 years of marriage" right up there with,"you're right, Dear".

Yes just my silly dorky sense of humor at work again.  :p

I am glad to see a group dedicated to independents, it is a great idea and I wish them the very best.  I would not be surprised if some of you already know some of those members.

RVing Women has been around quite a few years.  Some of our now-retired women belonged.  There's also Loners on Wheels for both men and women.

ArdraF

I joined RVing women, and also the escapee solos. Ive met a large group of the solos already. Most are women, most are in their 60s and 70s. Some even into their 80s. Some were RVing when their spouses were alive and continued when they died.  Its like one woman said, "What are we supposed to do? Just stay home?"

I think youre gonna be seeing alot more of us, since women normally live longer and we dont wanna stay home.  ;D

cadee2c said:
I joined RVing women, and also the escapee solos. Ive met a large group of the solos already. Most are women, most are in their 60s and 70s. Some even into their 80s. Some were RVing when their spouses were alive and continued when they died.  Its like one woman said, "What are we supposed to do? Just stay home?"

I think youre gonna be seeing alot more of us, since women normally live longer and we dont wanna stay home.  ;D

:)) :)) :))

DonTom said:
Nope! :)

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Too bad for you.  I live full time in our RV with my wife.  I'd be in the s%#t if she didn't like RVing.
As a plus, she rode her own motorcycle for over 50 years and has owned everything from a 10' long Triumph Bonneville chopper to a Harley TourGlide Classic.
The list of toys we sold to go RVing included a '54 Chevy panel truck, a '61 F100 Flairside and 3 Harleys.

Old_Crow said:
Too bad for you.  I live full time in our RV with my wife.  I'd be in the s%#t if she didn't like RVing.
As a plus, she rode her own motorcycle for over 50 years and has owned everything from a 10' long Triumph Bonneville chopper to a Harley TourGlide Classic.
The list of toys we sold to go RVing included a '54 Chevy panel truck, a '61 F100 Flairside and 3 Harleys.
I don't think you understood what I was saying. :)

Tom & I were together for 43 years. Most of our lives, by far. We were legally married since it became fully legal in CA in 2013.  RVing was his idea many years ago, in the 1980's. Back in the days when this forum was on CompuServe.

But Tom  died of liver cancer on August 3, 2016, about 2.5 years ago.  Since then, that  leaves me to RV alone. We never were full time RVers.

I have been on a few solo RV trips in the last couple of years, but never went on an RV trip without each other while he was alive.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

DonTom said:
I don't think you understood what I was saying. :)

Tom & I were together for 43 years. Most of our lives, by far. We were legally married since it became fully legal in CA in 2013.  RVing was his idea many years ago, in the 1980's. Back in the days when this forum was on CompuServe.

But Tom  died of liver cancer on August 3, 2016, about 2.5 years ago.  Since then, that  leaves me to RV alone. We never were full time RVers.

I have been on a few solo RV trips in the last couple of years, but never went on an RV trip without each other while he was alive.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

You're right, I apologize, and I'm sorry for your loss. 
As I posted the original comment, it crossed my that I might get a reply such as yours, but I was expecting it from one of the single lady RVer's we have on the forum.  That you might be gay never occurred to me. 
Ah, well, can't win 'em all...I'll crawl back in my corner and work on getting this size 13 boot out of my mouth for a while. 
Again, I apologize.

Back
Top Bottom