judway's (Wayne's) fixin' last week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

Well, I got a few things analyzed and fixed over the last week. Summary is below.

Slides and jacks have been fixed and work great. I replaced the hydraulic motor at a cost of about $65 for the motor and about $35 for one-day shipping. It took about two four-hour days to fix the problem. I think I could do it again in about two hours. The easy way would be to use a cleaner like Gunk or 409 and clean everything with a water hose as well as possible. Locate the motor and the band that looks like a hose clamp with three holes and screws in the holes fastened to the motor. This band holds two relays to the motor. Locate the two mounting bolts on the end of the motor and the tightening screw on the band that looks like a hose clamp. Do not loosen anything unless mentioned. Loosen up the band tightening screw so the motor will slide out. Remove the power cable(s) from the motor. Locate the small long mounting bolts on the end of the motor. Remove the two bolts and pull the motor out. Match the drive mechanism for alignment with the new motor and install the motor. Connect the power cable(s). If a new ground cable is needed, make it out of #8 stranded insulated wire with proper terminals and length to mount on the motor and the ground bolt.

Check the system for proper operation. Simple, huh.

The next problem was a bad wire burning smell coming from the basement heat-pump. I just left it turned off to be fixed at the RV Shop.

The next problem was, we lost power to the motorhome. A check showed that it was a problem in the motorhome and traced to the Surge Guard. I tried resetting with no positive results. My wife and I took a couple of hours and bypassed the guard. Finished up at 9:30 pm. Got everything working fine.

I then wondered if this might be the problem with the heat-pump. When we got back to the house, I turned on the heat-pump and everything worked great with no smell.

Next job is to do some metal work needed to fix bad rust in the electrical area and then replace the Surge Guard. I also replaced the male 50 Amp plug on the power cable.

Been busy

judway said:
It never ends!

Heh! Yep... I crossed a couple of items off my coach "ToDo" list today and realized the only two chores left were to overhaul my spare water pump and wash the coach windows. I wonder how long that will last...  ::) ;)

judway said:
Well, I got a few things analyzed and fixed over the last week. ...
Thanks for the report Wayne. It's always a good feeling to get those jobs completed. I've got a very long list for the coach and around the ranch - winter has interfered with my work plans over and over again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom