Class C passenger front seat-can we replace it with one that turns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elly Dalmaijer

We have a 24' Class C Four Winds that has worked really well for us since we retired our 1993 class Itasca Sunrise.  Our Sunrise had front seats that turned and we used those often. We wonder if it is possible to replace the ordinary stationary passenger seat with one that turns.

Would anyone have a link to a site that shows one that might work?

Thanks for any input!

Elly

Elly,

The seats that turn have a square base that bolts thru the floor.

It should be fairly easy to replace the seats you have as long as you can get rid of the seat hardware under the current seat.

Also make sure that you have enough clearance to turn the seats.

They should be available in many places.  There is a RV salvage near Carthage, Missouri for instance.  I cannot remember the name but someone will chime in I am sure.

Just be aware that on newer seats, there's wiring involved. Be sure that it travels with the seat

Are turning seats larger/bulkier than stationary? We don't want to go through all the trouble of removing a seat only to find out that a turning one is larger. We are not thinking of electric, just a manual turning system like we had in our old Itasca.

Thanks for your input so far.

Elly

Our Roadtrek is built on a 1 ton Chevy van chassis and has swivel seats that are the same size as original van seats. Suggest an Internet search for ? swivel van seats?. Also, you can buy the swivel base separately and possibly attach your original seats to it.

jubileee said:
Also, you can buy the swivel base separately and possibly attach your original seats to it.

This is how I would do it. 

My ski boat passenger seats spins around on a swivel base, you can lock it any position you want.  If you can't find a base in the RV world, look in the power boat world.

Swivel seats were an option on our C, but unfortunately we don't have that option. I checked on factory swivels, and for the price they wanted, we'll do without.

You may be able to just replace the mounts on your current chairs with swivel mounts. Here's one site that sells swivel mounts: http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvhighbackcaptainsseats/rvfurniturehighbackseats.htm

IBTripping said:
You may be able to just replace the mounts on your current chairs with swivel mounts. Here's one site that sells swivel mounts: http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvhighbackcaptainsseats/rvfurniturehighbackseats.htm
Good Link IBTripping  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom