What does stall mean on a switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

I need to order a new on/off power level control switch for my comfortzone CZ35 portable heater.  I finally found the switch number online but it gives an option of pins and stalls. 

I assume pins means connections and mine has 5 connections.  But i dont know what stall means, is that the number of switch positions? 

If so then off - fan - low - high would be 4 stalls right?

here is the page and im looking at the bottom section for options

aliexpress.com/item/CHINA-25T125-Switch-16A-250V-250VAC-5P-3P-3PIN-5-PIN-32-32-18mm/32855126836.html

So i think i need a 5pin 4stall 

and then it shows 360 and not 360,  so that means wether the switch turns all the way around or not, correct? 

Mine does not so i need the not 360 model.

PS if i can find this switch in the US i will order it from there, so far i have found 3 US places but all sold out or no longer available

I think that you can use the word "detent" instead of "stall." 

Correct on the 360.

Well i got my switch yesterday from china - about a month and a half shipping total of $4.00  but i ordered the wrong switch of course. 

So just to help others here... stall is positions of the switch NOT counting the off position.  So if your switch is sitting in the off position and you have postions for fan only, low, high then that is a 3 stall switch.. I ordered a 4 stall switch which it works but now i have a extra position so off is now on... so i ordered another one a 3 stall 5 pin NOT 360

I wish i had known this part before i ordered the first time... but i learned now... all i had to do was look up the characters on each corner of the switch, the letters and numbers are imprinted on the switch front and back and they are different on both sides.. One character per corner.

The original switch has

On the side with the turn nob shaft is

B 3
Shaft in center
1 A

on the back side corners opposite the knob shaft is
4 B
A2

The new one (wrong one) has:

On the side with the turn nob shaft is (this shaft is on the wrong side of the switch first of all)

4 B
Shaft in center
A 2

on the back side corners opposite the knob shaft is
B 3
1 A

so in the pics on the website all i had to do is look closely at those letters and numbers and the 3 Stall 5 pin NOT 360 has the same data as my old switch, bingo... oh well lesson learned. 

Now if i was switch guru i could probably rig it to work seeing how they are so similar but i just ordered the right one so it will be here in about 40 days i guess.

:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom