Jayco or Forest River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All i know is that lots of people own Jayco's.  Forest River i believe has some kind of relationship with gulf stream RV builder.  I dont remember what that relationship was so i could be wrong, but i do know that i will never again buy a gulf stream RV.  The rule of the industry is that they build them fast and out the door asap, that does not give them time to check or correct their work as they go.

But i believe that gulf stream MFG does this to extreme, so many things i found including roof insulation that was not properly installed, they didnt even fill up the rafters, if the piece was too small and didnt fill up the rafter they just left it and moved on.  So i have parts of my ceiling with no insulation at all.  Electrical issues, 12v wires comming out of the crimp on connectors on their own. 

I would check youtube to see if there is a recent Jayco or Forest River factory tour so you can watch them build one.  Then maybe go to a factory yourself and check it out.  There was one video on youtube i saw a while back that allowed anyone on the line to stop the line if they had an issue or needed to repair or fix something that was done wrong.  I was impressed but that was along time ago and i dont remember the name of the MFG.

I would also check to be sure that the MFG and/or dealership, pressure tests the unit to be sure no leaks, some do and some dont.

The only advantage I can see is the Jayco 2-year warranty. After going through numerous units at a couple of recent RV shows, I was disappointed by the quality of most manufacturers. Jayco build quality of today is nowhere close to how our 2008 was constructed.

Back
Top Bottom