BlueFire for monitoring diesel engines and chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DutchEagle

A recent thread from Sarge made me do some digging into alternatives of VMSpc and I found BlueFire.
(ScanGauge D was too restrictive for my purpose.)

You can find a lot more information about their products on their website here: https://bluefire-llc.com/motorhomes.html

According to a discussion on IRV2 this BlueFire software and hardware does everything VMSpc does for a cheaper price. Some advantages are that you can run the software on various operating systems. 
A bunch of people on IRV2 indicated that they will drop VMSpc for this option. Now don't shoot me as the messenger, I have nothing that is monitoring my motorhome at the moment so I can only report from what I was reading. I like the flexibility of choices and the way the software looks with the screens.

Some facts;

Adapter:
Plugs into the 6 or 9 pins round diagnostic port (Supports J1939 and J1708)
There are 5 different adapters to choose from. (And a few upgrade options)
Bluetooth only! (One less cable to be worried about.)
Cost between $150 and $190 (Use code amazon for 10% off at checkout for as long as that lasts)

Operating system:
Android  (Depending on the adapter it needs certain android versions)
Windows 10
iOS (Not all versions are compatible)

Options:
  • Custom Dash - Allows you to create a custom dashboard and display a variety of gauges and text data.
  • Trip Recording - Allows you to record trip information and compare it to previous trips.
  • Fuel Economy - Shows information to help you get more value from your driving.
  • Data Logging - Allows you to log selected data at a set interval to a .csv formatted file.
  • Vehicle Repair - Shows a multitude of information that can help determine the cause of a problem and then help you repair your vehicle.
  • Fault Diagnostics - Shows any and all faults (active and inactive) along with information to help repair them. Allows you to reset the faults after you have repaired.
Support:
BlueFire has its own forum. The developer, Mark Frederickson, is very responsive on this forum as well as on the IRV2 thread (see below) 

TRY before you buy:
You can download the software to your device without buying the adapter and it will run in demo mode to try it out!

Example Screens:
Scroll down a little on IRV2 here:  http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/vmspc-replacement-option-425748-6.html

All text and round gauges are scalable, movable and the colors can be adjusted.

Let me know what you think, I bought the adapter and will have a better opinion after I start using it. (Can take a while, winter is still here) What I like is the price, responsiveness of the developer and the look of the screens. I know there is always something that's not working or not to your liking but so far it gets a thumbs up from me.

https://bluefire-llc.com/motorhomes.html

I have no affiliation or incentives with this product whatsoever. This is my personal opinion and I would like to urge you to do your own research before you buy.

I thought about starting a new post, but I thought I would tie into this one instead. There has been a long running thread on another forum for Tiffin owners on BlueFire, and Kevin and I decided to get one. The device attached easily under the dash and was easy to connect via Bluetooth to our iPads. With our rig having limited visibility to the dash info in some lighting conditions plus being single color, I love the graphic interface. Kevin is still playing with making the best custom dash for our uses, but I like the color gauges and the easy view of things like gears which off to the side in our rig. It is somewhat of a guess as to what data is supplied by Freightliner on the bus, but whatever there is can be displayed.

If any diesel owner is interested into a clean graphic glass dashboard plus being able to see codes, take a look at BlueFire. Oh, and this is a static display, not from my rig while turned on. I don?t have 700,000+ miles on it!

Attachments

• 405D2837-3C3A-4990-81BB-475DB6297374.png
    405D2837-3C3A-4990-81BB-475DB6297374.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom