Need to Build a Leveling Platform in 40' Coach for Recliners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fleetwood40

I had our loveseat removed because we want to put in two recliners. Now we realize there is a dropdown and I'm thinking I need some kind of platform so the chairs will sit level. I'm not the handiest man in the world to say the least so was hoping someone could give me some suggestions on how to best go about this. It needsto be easily removed for when the sides come in when traveling. If you have pictures of what you've done, that would be welcomed. Thanks

Attachments

• Platform 1.jpg
    Platform 1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Platform2.jpg
    Platform2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 42
On my last class A I put in a big screen TV and needed to back up my chair so it would put me far enough away from the screen. There was a stairwell where I wanted to park my chair so I bought a piece of plywood and put some hinges on it. I could lower it and move the chair to sit in when I watched TV and I could raise the plywood up when I wanted to go in and out of the RV. Sorry, no photos. :-[

I am not sure why you need to remove it when the slide comes in?

You can simply use a piece of plywood with a piece under the back underside by the wall to level it.  You can cover it with some type of flooring.

The floor of the slide will slide over the center fixed floor.

I have installed various new recliners/theater seats in my last few RV's. I just added the latest one about a month ago. You are correct about the slide being higher than the main floor area. The way I handled the height difference was to install a piece of 1X4 oak under the front legs/runner of the theater seats. To keep it in place I ran some screws through the frame into the oak to hold it in place.  Under the oak board I attached large felt adhesive pads about every 12".  Now when I bring in the slide, the slide lifts as normal, but the front "runner" slides along smoothly on the felt pads. I can add a few pics if you need them.

Here are a few pics to explain what I was talking about.

Attachments

• theater seating leveling board 1 (2).jpg
    theater seating leveling board 1 (2).jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Theater seating leveling board 2 (2).jpg
    Theater seating leveling board 2 (2).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 44
  • theater seating leveling board 3 (2).jpg
    theater seating leveling board 3 (2).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 41
I saw one sofa to double recliner slide installation that used wide small rollers in place of the front feet on the recliner frame. The rollers were shimmed at the mounts to get the height right.

I have extended a lot of slides just for this purpose. are you going to put the chairs on the main floor to watch tv

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom