Chain saw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on the trip.
We took a chain saw last year on our deer hunting trip. Cut up firewood from deadfalls on the private property we were hunting. The land owner was happy to see it go. 

Normally I just carry the following, neither take up much space, but will be hard to replace when they are needed.
I do carry an extendable 15' hand pole saw for tree branches. Some of the campgrounds don't prune the trees that well. I prefer to cut the branch instead of breaking it on the camper.
I also carry a Bowie knife, 9" blade, for making tinder from firewood. Also works well and cut tree branches up to 3"-4" thick.

Hand saw and chain saw 24/7.  A low branch can ruin your roof in no time and a chain saw is a good investment.  Its only a Walmart Poulan but mine is about 13 years old and works great the 3-4 times a year I need to use it.

I saw this one a couple of weeks ago at the shop where I was getting my MH serviced in Ft. Pierce.  I'd need a trailer to lug it around  ;D

Attachments

• Chainsaw.jpg
    Chainsaw.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Widow Maker.jpg
    Widow Maker.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 40
Depends where I am going.
I going off road, yes; otherwise, no.
I do carry a bow saw with an extension all the time.

When we go to forest campgrounds, I pack one for firewood. Most campgrounds within town don't allow you to bring your own firewood due to tree diseases, etc, so there is no reason to at those times.

Besides, I get more use out of it at home anyways. It keeps me using it more, so I don't have as many carburetor issues. Battery saws are convenient, but most of them can't handle anything bigger than 8 inches thick.

mapakids said:
Does anyone carry a chainsaw with them all the time?

The pine bark beetle kill deadfall has become a bigger issue over the years.  The chainsaw has paid for itself more than once.

This was snapped on a forest service road, Wyoming Range.

Attachments

• chain saw.jpg
    chain saw.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 39
Sorry. I misspoke when I said bow saw. It's a pole saw. Still just as useful.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Notch-15-in-Steel-16-ft-Pole-Fiberglass-Pole-Saw-Set-40208/302575776

National forest camper here.  Chainsaw / Bowsaw / polesaw / hatchet / axe  / several knives /etc.

Come-alongs / heavy and long tow straps / heavy bottle jack

Yeah....I carry too much crap....but I'm prepared!

-Kyle

tote said:
Sorry. I misspoke when I said bow saw. It's a pole saw. Still just as useful.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Notch-15-in-Steel-16-ft-Pole-Fiberglass-Pole-Saw-Set-40208/302575776

Thanks, I?ll be getting one.

Nice! Thats a great idea! I am glad that I havent need one yet! I am going to purchase one right now! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom