Running a RV fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
The park I'm in had to shut the power off for 3 or 4 hours this morning. When I came home, my neighbor had an issue. The CG power was still off. He had no 12 volt power. Come to find out that the positive cable had pulled out of the connection fitting and was just hanging under the RV. After fixing that, he still didn't have 12 volt power for lights etc.. I asked him if he had a battery disconnect switch and he said yes and indeed it was off. The salesman told him never to have that on. Wrong. Now he has 12 Volt DC power. He's been in this site for 2 months and running the fridge off CG power. My question is, I thought in order to run the fridge on 110 Volt AC you still needed 12 Volt DC power. If that' the case, how could his fridge have been running all this time with the battery disconnect switch off?

He's a newbie and may be he shut it off today by mistake without realizing it.

X2 on the converter. I had all the batteries (3) out of the old Bounder for 2-3 days one time while I replaced battery boxes, cable ends, and ect. Was plugged into 110 and the only thing that didn?t work was the steps.

kdbgoat said:
The converter was supplying 12 volts

I forgot about that. The converter was supplying 12 Volt DC power to the fridge control board and all the lights as far as that go. Then once they shut the park power off, he had nothing because his battery disconnect switch was off so no power from the battery. All makes sense now.  Thanks.

Another problem I found with a neighbor NO POWER (120 volt) well we did all the checks and turns out the blades on the 30 amp plug were too short to engage the outlet.. So I provided a dogbone (30/50) and that worked... Found the dogboner on my driver's seat this afternoon. he got one of his own now.

Easy fix.. Well.. bit of fun remembering where I stuck the dogbone.

I had hoped to go over his trailer with him but alas. Sick as a dog all week no chance. 

Rene T said:
I forgot about that. The converter was supplying 12 Volt DC power to the fridge control board and all the lights as far as that go. Then once they shut the park power off, he had nothing because his battery disconnect switch was off so no power from the battery. All makes sense now.  Thanks.

I knew you knew that :)).  Actually, I was shocked you asked :eek:. One of them senior moments. ;D

grashley said:
A modified version of my quote below my signature:

It's not a dumb question if I  CAN'T REMEMBER the answer.

You may consider this statement stolen and will be used as I see fit.....If I remember it ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom