Another surprise along the road of life. A new house!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
When you least expect it, something comes along that's too good to pass up.  Diane and I were spending a month in Lake Havasu City, AZ to enjoy the warm desert winters ( ::) so of course we are in the middle of a record setting cold snap across the country).  We had just sold the CA house in 2017 and were enjoying being back fulltime again. We had discussed that if we ever bought another house, it would have to be special, something with great scenic views in a retirement friendly city with a place for the RV, and of course the price had to be right.

Long story short, we stumbled upon a place that checked every box. A place high up on a hill with awesome views of Lake Havasu to the west, and the Mojave Mountains to the east. And a stones throw to a huge BLM land area out the back door.  We negotiated a fair price, and now are going through escrow. 

We will still not be giving up the travel schedule, and will take our time as we tweak the house to our liking. Life is full of surprises, if you keep your eyes open and grab an opportunity when it comes by!

Attachments

• Havasu House.jpg
    Havasu House.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Havasu House 2.jpg
    Havasu House 2.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 132
  • Havasu House 3.jpg
    Havasu House 3.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 134
What a beautiful home. Good luck and enjoy.

Are you going to be able to back the coach up that steep driveway without bottoming out?

Congratulations Sarge and Diane.  Beautiful home in a great area.  We looked at a few homes in Havasu City when we visited Huey Pilot a year ago.  It looks like you found one of the best the area has to offer.  Amazing views and even better, an area high enough in the hills where traffic should be at a minimum. 

Congratulations Marty and Diane. You always seems to surprise us.

We have a number of RVing/boating friends/acquaintances who purchased homes "on the hill" at Lake Havasu.

SargeW said:
( ::) so of course we are in the middle of a record setting cold snap across the country). 

It's not cold in FL.  ;D

Congrats on the new to you home.

Did they give a reason for selling?
And at a price you were willing to pay?

Congratulations.  Looks like a great place to hang your hat when you're not traveling.

Mike

Rene T said:
Are you going to be able to back the coach up that steep driveway without bottoming out?

Great observation Rene! Yes, that was the only hesitation that Diane had. It will be a crap shoot until I get to try it out. But fortunately I was a cement contractor in a previous life. If need be I can cut out the center section of the driveway and drop the grade 12" to 18" and repour  it.  It will be the same elevation but without the "peak" in the middle. Just a smooth transition from top to bottom.
RedandSilver said:
Did they give a reason for selling?
And at a price you were willing to pay?

The sellers are a young military couple that are Iraq war veterans and both sustained combat injuries. They also have 2 young children. Their current needs require more help than they can provide so they are moving back to the east to be near family.

And the price was a little under our max budget that we had set. So there is some room for modifications in the budget, especially since we will do most of the remodel ourselves. The best part is that most of the other houses in the neighborhood are estimated to be about 50% higher in value, so our mods won't out price the area.

Good News.

Now maybe I can get someone to go off road and explore some of the trails around here.

We really enjoy Lake Havasu even with the recent cold spell, (cold for here anyway).

We would be happy to give you a Benihana style welcome to the neighborhood dinner.

I am sure that Renae would also enjoy having a friend as a shopping partner for her local shopping trips.

HueyPilotVN said:
Good News.

Now maybe I can get someone to go off road and explore some of the trails around here.

Congratulations Marty and Diane!! 

Make sure you go in Bill's jeep    :eek:

HueyPilotVN said:
Jackie,

We are safer if we take two jeeps in case we get stuck in that narrow canyon that you talked me into going into. LOL
That narrow canyon we told you to slow down in before you wrecked your bumper!!  You are some guy Bill Waugh! Sending hugs to you and Renae and the pups x

Well, isn't life just like that?  You think you have everything organized and then it just jumps out and grabs you!  ;D

Seriously, it looks like a lovely home and good views are always a plus.  I was wondering about the bottom of the driveway.  We have to be careful of dragging the tow bar and digging into the asphalt.  We now put long 2x6 boards across the dip and use the air leveling system to raise the coach when entering or exiting. Enjoy your new abode!

ArdraF

HueyPilotVN said:
Good News.

Oh, sure, we've been here with our Jeep since Dec. wandering around the desert trying not to get into trouble and now you post this.

Looks like we've still got 3 or 4 weeks before we move on.

Side note.  We were out wandering the other day when much to our surprise we came upon the stone cabin that was the first stop when Lynn and I went out with the other forum members last month.  Wasn't as crowded as it was when we showed up back then.
We turned around at that point instead of following the same trail as before.  I tend to be on the cautious side when we're alone and usually turn around instead of shifting out of 2wd.

Old_Crow said:
Side note.  We were out wandering the other day when much to our surprise we came upon the stone cabin that was the first stop when Lynn and I went out with the other forum members last month.  Wasn't as crowded as it was when we showed up back then.
We turned around at that point instead of following the same trail as before.  I tend to be on the cautious side when we're alone and usually turn around instead of shifting out of 2wd.

Good move!  You know what they say about 4WD vs. 2WD.  4WD just lets you go twice as far from help before you get stuck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom