Spring is in the air.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Went to the storage lot last week to chk the vans house batteries.  Voltage was still OK.  Got me thinking about doing some projects this spring.  Think I was having a "cabin fever" attack.

So am going to add a third 100 watt solar panel to the roof.  Will also install a 3kw diesel heater inside the van for the fun of it.  Did not think I had room for a heater but while in the fever a light came on and I found a location that would not impact storage space to much.  I have stuff under the sink we never use.  Get rid of it and put the heater unit under the restroom sink.....daaaa

Yes, spring is in the air.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 18
Wow, you weren't kidding about upgrades!
Nice!

I plan on moving the camper around tomorrow so I can do a few modifications/upgrades. I need to finish installing a heat run in the basement and secure the vent under the inside step (going to the bedroom in the 5er). I want to add a tv in the bedroom and then prep the camper for this season. I want to heat/insulate my drain lines, however I'm still procrastinating on the best method.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Len and Jo said:
Will also install a 3kw diesel heater inside the van for the fun of it.

Isn't your van gas powered? If so, where are you putting the diesel tank for the heater?

The van is gas so will need a tank for the diesel.  The unit I bought came with a 10L tank.  Kerosene heat value is about 12kw per liter and the heater uses 0.12L-027L per hour (low - high output).  I figure a 10L tank of kerosene should last me about a week depending on outside temperature and hours of use per day.  Time will tell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom