Lease Vehicle for Towing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aww91

Completely new to this experience, so I could use some basic help. On deciding on a truck, is it possible to lease a vehicle for towing an RV? Are there any restrictions that I should be aware of? We are currently looking at a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado LT Dbl Cab 1500, 5.3 L V8, with a standard hitch. There is a Trailering Package offered. Extended mirrors? Any help navigating this very new experience would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Moderator - Sorry, should have posted this in the Newbie section. Please advise

I think I'd ask the leasing company as you sure wouldn't want to run into problems when you return it off lease.

You'll need extended mirrors for sure as that's one of the most important tools used when pulling an RV. 

Thanks. Tried unsuccessfully reaching out to GM Financial. Told that they didn't have any specific restrictions, but that I would be responsible for any damage to the vehicle cause by towing.
Any other opinions? 

I would definitely get a larger engine if it is offered! No body, but no body ever complaines about to much power!

Get a large engine, go fast get PP mileage!
Get a small engine, go slow get PP mileage!

Ie- it is surprising how little difference there is in the fuel mileage of a large engine loafing along vs a small engine working hard pulling the same load!

Remember that the RV will NEVER weight less than the day that you drive it off the dealers lot!

If you have information regarding what you are towing others will be able to give you more specific guidance.

Model, GVWR of the item being towed and length.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!  :D

On re- reading your post,  definitely get ANY HD trailering package offered! It will be good money spent!

Welcome to the Forum!

Let us know what you are towing as Jackie said. Regardless of what the dealer may have said, not every truck can tow any trailer.

You DEFINITELY want any trailer towing and max towing options available, including Trailer Brake Controller and Trailer Mirrors.  This should be part of a decent towing package, but make sure they are!

I believe towing is permitted by the lease, but any modifications or damage will cost you when you turn it in.

There is a Trailering Package offered.

What ever you do DON'T accept any VEHICLE that doesn't have the FACTORY HD TOWING package included.

DON"T believe any salesman that says it can be added just like the factory did.  That's a lie.
Slapping on the parts is NOT the same as coming from the factory with the Towing package included.

I also agree without knowing what you plan on towing to get the biggest motor available (unless you got a tiny trailer).

As far as GM saying you're responsible for any towing damage, it seems to me that you're responsible any damage to the vehicle anyway, so I don't see any difference.

I would not hesitate to tow with it.  If you are complying with the guidelines it was built to withstand, you are doing nothing wrong.  That's like asking if you can put 4 people in a full size car.  As long as those 4 people fit in the guidelines of weight, you certainly can. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom