Travel trailer fridge yellow build up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nsdemon

Yellow build up on pipe while it was unpluged and setting up I was told the controller board went out and just got it is this safe or do I need a new fridge see picture
Edit: Resized image.

Attachments

• Resized_image.jpg
    Resized_image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 23
That picture is so large I can't see it all at once, but "yellow buildup" on a fridge says, to me, that you had a leak in the lines (ammonia) and need a new mechanism or a new fridge.

I'm sure others will be along with more info, but you could help them by cutting the pixel size of you pic to, say 900x600 or such, and by telling what fridge (brand and model) you have. While it probably wouldn't make much difference in this case, putting your RV type/model in your signature can be very helpful in getting help on many problems.

2008 pilgrim travel trailer 5th wheel --dont have the model atm sorry
fridge is i think domatic rm2852

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 27
Yeah, Larry is right. It looks like an ammonia leak from the heating coils. Can't repair, the only fix is a new heating unit, a new propane refer, or an new residential refer.  Depends on how often you camp without being plugged in. If you dry camp a lot, then a propane refer makes sense. If you are usually plugged in, then a residential refer is a lot cheaper.

Do yourself a favor and make sure both 120 volt a/c power and 12 volt DC power is removed from it. In it's present condition, it's possibly a major fire hazard.

nsdemon said:
I was told the controller board went out and just got it is this safe or do I need a new fridge see picture

As others have said, the fridge cooling unit is shot.

Out of curiosity, who told you the board went out, the seller of your trailer, or did you have the fridge diagnosed?

[quote author=Larry N]That picture is so large I can't see it all at once ...[/quote]
I went ahead and resized it so folks can 'see' what's being discussed.

There is also the option of converting the existing refrigerator to a DC compressor operation using a conversion kit like shown in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yte1V3CkDrw

Back
Top Bottom