Re: Is There Any Grand Design 5th Wheel Owners Out There?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grant65

Looking at a 5th wheel 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (2090lbs pin weight). Will my 2018 4x4 crew cab chevy diesel pull this RV? Trucks says max 5th wheel is 13,500. I'm just getting into the RV scene and like most people find out the RV dealers don't know and the vehicle dealers don't know either. Truck says my combined weight of occupants and cargo should not exceed 2373lbs, truck has 245 tires. My calculation say get a smaller 5th wheel maybe a 303RLS (1660lbs pin weight). Am I on the right track? air bags?

What is the GVWR for the trailer? Calculate approx actual pin weight as 20+% of GVWR and not published pin weight. Add 200 for hitch, add passengers and any stuff in truck then see if i5 is under truck spec.

I will be a Grand Design Momentum owner in three days....Friday March 1st.  We are buying a 394M  and I will be towing it with a 2016 F350 Dually.  Empty weight is 15,100 lb (published weight) and the GVWR is 20K.  Picking it up on Friday and driving all the way over to Lazy Daze campground.....about 1/10 mile away and spending the night.....a combination check out stay and trying to avoid two 7 1/2 hours drives in one day (getting lazy in my old age I guess).  BTW, we are trading in a Fuzion Impact 303 tow behind 34 1/2' Toy Hauler for this much bigger T.H. and 5ver.

We looked at a Grand Design 337 a few years ago. If I recall correctly, it was 12,500# GVWR. The truck I had at the time had a bit over 2900# payload, and I thought I would be pushing the limits when all was said and done.

xrated said:
I will be a Grand Design Momentum owner in three days....Friday March 1st.  We are buying a 394M  and I will be towing it with a 2016 F350 Dually.  Empty weight is 15,100 lb (published weight) and the GVWR is 20K.  Picking it up on Friday and driving all the way over to Lazy Daze campground.....about 1/10 mile away and spending the night.....a combination check out stay and trying to avoid two 7 1/2 hours drives in one day (getting lazy in my old age I guess).  BTW, we are trading in a Fuzion Impact 303 tow behind 34 1/2' Toy Hauler for this much bigger T.H. and 5ver.

Quick question on the 303... is the garage wide enough for 2 touring bikes? Many TT toy haulers don?t get the beds out of the way enough for 2 toys.

Thanks

Lynx0849 said:
Quick question on the 303... is the garage wide enough for 2 touring bikes? Many TT toy haulers don?t get the beds out of the way enough for 2 toys.

Thanks

I've never tried to load two touring bikes in it, but I don't think it would be a problem.  When we traveled with both of our race bikes (2 Honda CBR600RRs) we always had the Happijack bed system all the way up and the inside width of the toy hauler is around 8'...+/- an inch or so.  With the Happijack all the way up, I could walk under it without hitting my head and I'm about 5' 10 1/2"

xrated said:
I've never tried to load two touring bikes in it, but I don't think it would be a problem.  When we traveled with both of our race bikes (2 Honda CBR600RRs) we always had the Happijack bed system all the way up and the inside width of the toy hauler is around 8'...+/- an inch or so.  With the Happijack all the way up, I could walk under it without hitting my head and I'm about 5' 10 1/2"

Thanks. I could not tell if it went up or folded against the wall.

I just got a Grand Design 350M and pull it with a Dodge Ram 4500.  It has plenty of room in the garage for two large bikes.  Heck, if I position em just right, I can get two golf carts in it.  The HappiJack bed system raises all the way to the ceiling so you have full use of the width of the trailer for your toys.

gravesdiesel said:
I just got a Grand Design 350M and pull it with a Dodge Ram 4500.  It has plenty of room in the garage for two large bikes.  Heck, if I position em just right, I can get two golf carts in it.  The HappiJack bed system raises all the way to the ceiling so you have full use of the width of the trailer for your toys.

He was asking about the Fuzion Impact 303 trailer that I had.  That one only had a 10' long garage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom