Winter is over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
I broke out my cutoff jeans for the first time this year as I left Mojave, CA this morning.  I decided to take the scenic route back to Pahrump via Hwy 190 / Panamint Pass and I realized I would arrive in Pahrump after dark.

So I decided to stop in Death Valley's Furnace Creek campground.

The weather is just perfect!  A slight breeze, highs in the upper 70s and overnight lows in the mid 50s for the next week or so.  Pahrump is about 5-10 degrees cooler.

Quite a change from what Northern California is going through, and the two weeks of snow and sub-freezing temperatures while I stayed with my Mom.

There's lots of room in Sunset campground if anyone else is looking for a place to thaw out.  :)

Glad to here.  Meanwhile, I don't think our city got the memo

Attachments

• winter over.JPG
    winter over.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 25
Overnight Low forecast for Saturday night in Billings MT is -20 
It's been a long cold one here and I's like to have a chat with that groundhog!

Next Friday Kim and I are heading to FL (Tampa area) to visit her folks for a week. I'm really looking forward to it. My snow blower is getting quite the workout this winter!

It is still too cold!! We had an unusually mild winter until February then WHAM. It snowed a bit last night but at least the temperature is more tolerable although we should be seeing a bit of brown and green by now. Come on spring, I've had enough!

Predicted to be a -20 F or so, here at the house Sunday morning. I guess, I won’t be tilling the garden for a while!  ;D

What winter?  Here in N Central Fla we?ve just finished the warmest February on record. Gainesville recorded the most February days above 80 on record, the most record high temps for the month, the earliest day above 90 and last Saturday, had the highest temp in the country at 91. I know, we?re not shoveling snow, but for crying out loud, it?s too early for summer heat, humidity and bugs!

Last Thursday there was snow in Las Vegas and one week later (yesterday) it was 30 degrees warmer - actually above average.  There's still snow on the high peaks like Mt. Charleston but none near the valley floor.

ArdraF

Well, it hit 80 here in Quartzsite yesterday.  About time to pack up and head for higher altitudes, except that my summer parking spot is still under several feet of snow.

Chances are that was -66? wind chill, rather than actual temperature.

At that temp, it doesnt matter much. Only a matter of seconds difference in how fast your nose freezes and falls off.  :-\

The cold weather seems to be chasing us around. We just left Corpus Christi where it was cold and gray and rainy. Now that we are gone, it is due to warm up. Brownsville is warm for the next day or so, but then cooler wet weather will be here too.  But Im enjoying today as much as I can. Rockin my bare feet. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom