options or replacement of folding entry stairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asgreig

I damaged my folding entry stairs ( 3 step ) last fall and now would like to either replace or explore other options. Would anyone like to share their thoughts on what else is out their?

Thanks

We replaced our steps with the Torklift Glowsteps and love them! Very stable and the rise of the steps are less than the original steps. They go all the way to the ground yet are still stable even if the ground is not level. We?ve gotten a lot of compliments on them. We bought them from etrailer but I believe even Amazon carries them.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camper-Steps/TorkLift/TLA8004.html

Vicki

There are several options out there. . You can replace the original steps with another set just like them, get one of the aftermarket sets that fold up into the door opening, or, like Vicki, go with the Glowsteps. They bolt up right where the original steps were. All have their advantages, price, ease of installation and use, etc.  We went with the Lippert Safe Step on our trailer mostly due to its lower price. I did, however, have to make some ?adjustments ? to both the steps and the trailer door in order for everything to work properly.  Most of the aftermarket steps I?ve seen are readily available at E Trailer, Amazon, and others. Good luck!

I looked at the Lippert steps as I really wanted to put them in. Our problem is that the entry door doesn?t open past 90 degrees. It has to stop at 90 due to the awning. Really wanted those steps

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom